+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I never told any of my kids until I absolutely had to.

Family knew immediately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We have always told our other children first before anyone else.
    So from day we knew they knew with exception of our last miscarriage. I didn't tell anyone as I lost it almost straight away. Dd1, my hubby and Dr are the only ones that know about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With number 2 I told my son at 13 weeks. I had planned to wait even longer but I had had emergency surgery and he happened to be with me in the ER and I felt the need to explain a little of what was going on to him.

With my third, we told him at about 16 weeks. Again I would have ideally waited longer but I was sick during the pregnancy and felt like he should know why.

I like waiting longer mostly because a pregnancy lasts forever for a child and I like to lessen the wait time for them. Having said that, I have never done big announcements with any of my pregnancies and just tell those close to us as I see fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told our girls after 10 week scan (before harmony test). DD1 knew it was a secret and didn't tell anyone unless prompted to. DD2 wasn't really talking so it didn't matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We told DS1 immediately (as soon as I had a positive HPT) before anyone else (he's almost 21). We then waited until the harmony test and told DS2 (3 years old) and immediately after the rest of the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did not want to tell family before 12 weeks as DH's family cannot keep their mouths shut. So we did tell DS first but closer to 12 weeks (he never told anyone though. He only atarted talking about it when I started showing).

I would always tell the sibling first. Because again the family would blab to DS and that is not how I wanted him to find out.