+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Announcing pregnancy to older child/ren or family first?

So when I was pregnant with my daughter, we told our parents and siblings straight away, I wasn't even 4 weeks yet. We're currently TTC and I think I might be pregnant and want to tell our families early again. We now have a 3 year old and she's our most important family member but is obviously terrible at keeping secrets. So I feel bad telling our families without telling our daughter, but also don't want her spilling the beans too early.

What did everyone else do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure...I THINK we told our daughter first, then our family when we saw them. If you're planning to tell your family anyway, will it matter if she tells them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, my almost three year old told me I was pregnant before I had a clue. He also begun announcing my pregnancy before I had peed on a stick. This time around, I have decided he deserves to be the first to know, and I have only told one person at this stage. I lost my daughter at 38+2 and have decided to wait until I feel ready to share this time, though being baby 3 it is quite obvious and my parents have both asked me whether I'm UTD. I am thinking about telling my son next week if we can find a heartbeat and 14 weeks, and will let other people know after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a four year old and waited until the 12 week scan to tell him. We told our close family earlier but didn't want to tell DS until the scan firstly because we have had some losses and secondly because we knew he would tell everyone.

It was hard but I am glad we waited, DS is super excited about his little sister arriving and announces it to EVERYONE, it would have been impossible to keep it under wraps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Announcing pregnancy to older child/ren or family first?

When I fell pregnant in December, we decided not to tell Our 2.5 yo DD until after our 12 week scan. The pregnancy ended in miscarriage, so I'm glad that I hadn't told her.

We told our parents and siblings at 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.
    We have an almost 3 yo and are TTC. We don't usually tell family before 12 weeks, unless they guess (my mum tends to)
    I'm thinking next time around, number 3, it's going to blatantly obvious, so might as well tell everyone early on. So 3 yo ds1 will be the first to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only told our older kids (3&5yo) when I was obviously showing so around 24 weeks. And if was a very long 16weeks of "when's the baby coming mummy?".

We told immediately family at 12wks.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We told my parents at around 7 weeks, only because I had to. We told DS (5) after our 12 week scan and he excitedly announced it to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently 7 weeks with #3 we hadn't told DS1 (3) but a couple of weeks ago we were in the car and he announced baby mummy's tummy. Lol I'm sure he has told all of his kinder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When/if we eventually get pregnant we will tell DD early on probably so that she's gentle with my tummy etc. she's a bit of a bouncer lol