+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Really annoyed - vent.

Today whilst sitting in my car i had a little car come and park next to me but crooked - she had practically a metre on the other side - and her 10 year old looking child opens his door and bangs my car. I opened my window and told them off, i mean REALLY it's not that hard to park properly! I have always straightened out and parked properly, i respect other people's property and make sure when my kids get out, they don't hit other people's car doors.. and always tell them to be careful.

I've had paint left on my car from other cars, i have 3-4 big dents that i'll have to get fixed, it's absolutely astounding HOW many times a car has to have other doors opened on them. If i park somewhere and i feel it's a tight fit i move. it's really NOT that hard to comprehend is it? obviously it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I feel your pain. This would grind my gears too!

It's frustrating when you are considerate yourself, but others don't afford you any sort of courtesy. This applies to a lot of situations in life unfortunately!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh this would p!ss me off. Respect other people's property even if you don't respect your own. Not on.

Thanks
    Reviews

Poor parking is my pet hate, let alone damaging my doors!

Eta: I think planners and shopping centre managements are partly to blame too, trying to cram as many spaces in as possible, some spaces are incredibly difficult to manoeuvre into and leave you cms next to the next spot!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 02-03-2016 at 09:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Poor parking is my pet hate, let alone damaging my doors!

Eta: I think planners and shopping centre managements are partly to blame too, trying to cram as many spaces in as possible, some spaces are incredibly difficult to manoeuvre into and leave you cms next to the next spot!
    absolutely agree. i hate that cars get bigger but car park spaces don't.. today what totally annoyed me was that she parked her little Toyota Yaris (small car) almost right on the white line whilst having about a metre on the other side.. how can you not notice how you've parked?, and of course the kid will bang the door when he gets out.. she was too busy gasbagging to someone on the other side that she knew. it's not like the car on the other side to her was over her line or crooked..so no reason to park that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People in car parks are just ignorant. A few years ago we left my [then] 1yo in the car with my BIL while DH and I quickly ducked into a newsagent to pick up a wedding card. Someone reversed into our car and took off. According to BIL, they didn't even stop to check. Just quickly look off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a pet peeve of mine, DH and my brother always rib me about how I choose to park so far away, and away from other cars. But it's true, people just don't care. I was with hubby in his car, we popped into a dan murphys and he parked quite close to the front doors. I stayed in the car with the toddler, the car on the drivers side, the driver comes out of the shop, flings open the door and hits our driver door. She doesn't even look to see if she damaged our car. When she gets in her car I get out and make a point of looking for any damage. Luckily it will buff out, but I wasn't impressed. I also agree that they've been making the spaces smaller and smaller

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, super rude. What did they say when you told them off?

I often park in the emptiest part of the shopping centre, ages away from the entrance, so I can easily get access to both sides of the car to load my twins in.

The amount of times I've parked with an even amount of space on both sides, only to find that someone had parked within millimetres of one side... Grr. It's not easy to load a baby from the other side of the car when you have another car seat in the way!

And slightly related - but someone did this to me when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my twins and parked at the hospital for an appointment - I had to call a parking attendant to get my car out for me as I literally couldn't manoeuvre my belly in through the tiny gap they'd left, and I was against the wall on the other side (had purposefully parked close to the wall on that side to give me plenty of room on the drivers side! 😂🙄).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    Yep, super rude. What did they say when you told them off?

I often park in the emptiest part of the shopping centre, ages away from the entrance, so I can easily get access to both sides of the car to load my twins in.

The amount of times I've parked with an even amount of space on both sides, only to find that someone had parked within millimetres of one side... Grr. It's not easy to load a baby from the other side of the car when you have another car seat in the way!

And slightly related - but someone did this to me when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my twins and parked at the hospital for an appointment - I had to call a parking attendant to get my car out for me as I literally couldn't manoeuvre my belly in through the tiny gap they'd left, and I was against the wall on the other side (had purposefully parked close to the wall on that side to give me plenty of room on the drivers side! ).
    She actually looked at me, then ignored me and turned back to chatting with her friend whilst her son looked like he wanted to cry. She definately heard me, no doubt about that. Some people really have no manners.

Thanks
    Reviews

Drives me bonkers. All I can think is that careless drivers clearly don't care about their own property do have no consideration for mine!

I drive around car parks looking for either a park with poles on either side so no one can park closely, or at least a park where there is a car on one side only. I also look for cars that are clean and clearly looked after. I figure if they look after their own car they'll be more inclined to consider others!

I actually had some one come down beside my car (clearly did not realise I was there) with a shopping trolley and slam it between my car and the car next to me breaking my side mirror 😱 he was a really large guy so I was scared to confront him. I waited until he had moved through and was unpacking into his car (parked in front of mine). I kept my doors locked and just leaned out the window and asked if he was going to pay for the damage to my car - he told me to f@!k off! I wrote down the rego of his car and gave it to my insurer. No idea if they got anything out of him but at least I didn't have to pay my excess. I also have them the details of the car next to me so they could perhaps trace that person down too - I was to scared to leave a note on their car.