+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Egypt and Dubai

In 67 days, I am heading over to Egypt for 12 days(9 on a tour, 3 spare free days) and Dubai on the way home for 2 nights(I arrive about 7pm at night so class one of my days out coz I will most likely be tired). Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in both places? More looking at Dubai than Egypt because I have my tour so can go back once the tour has finished but will most likely stay in Cairo. Dubai I plan on doing a dessert safari and going to the shopping centre but looking online, it's all a bit overwhelming.

Also looking for suggestions of somewhere to stay that isn't OTT expensive too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We stayed in Holiday Inn accommodation, it was right next to one of the shopping malls (the one with the indoor ski field). It was amazing and relatively cheap. Definitely do a desert safari of some sort. We did one where they pick you up, take you 4wd over the sand dunes and then put on an incredible meal in the middle of the desert. It truly was fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    @Happy mum, that's the safari i am doing and they also have belly dancers and Camel rides included as well.

Will also look up that accomodation too. Flying into Abu Dharbi and Eithad will transfer everyone over by bus to Dubai and drop off at hotels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    @Happy mum, that's the safari i am doing and they also have belly dancers and Camel rides included as well.

Will also look up that accomodation too. Flying into Abu Dharbi and Eithad will transfer everyone over by bus to Dubai and drop off at hotels.
    That's it! It was awesome!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been to Egypt, but Dubai was fascinating. We did the desert 4wd, and the dinner under the stars. It was great. We went to a huge water park. It was not far from the shopping mall with the snow ski park. I hope you enjoy your holiday. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    In 67 days, I am heading over to Egypt for 12 days(9 on a tour, 3 spare free days) and Dubai on the way home for 2 nights(I arrive about 7pm at night so class one of my days out coz I will most likely be tired). Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in both places? More looking at Dubai than Egypt because I have my tour so can go back once the tour has finished but will most likely stay in Cairo. Dubai I plan on doing a dessert safari and going to the shopping centre but looking online, it's all a bit overwhelming.

Also looking for suggestions of somewhere to stay that isn't OTT expensive too.
    Where will the Egypt Tour take you? There is a lot to see in Egypt but not much that is a day trip from Cairo. Pyramids will probably be on your tour..

I would recommend for Cairo, going to the museum - amazing artefacts there, including mummies of course.

Also book a boat cruise dinner package, the food is usually great and they have cultural entertainment like belly dancing, whirling dervishes (Turkish, but still beautiful to watch).

I personally found Cairo to be too big, crowded and dirty to really enjoy. I loved touring Egypt and visiting all the ancient historical sites. But again, I assume you will do that in your tour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are travelling to Luxor and Aswan from memory. Not sure where else due to lack of sleep and not looking at my destinations. The museum is included but it's somewhere I will go go back to to do at my own pace and to see whatever I may have missed first time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egypt and Dubai

Your tour sounds like it will take you to all the best places so you're pretty much sorted.
    You might want to consider a short side tour to the Sinai desert? I'm not sure if they have 2 or 3 day tours, but it might be worth a look into. It's supposed to be an amazing experience.

To be honest, everything is amazing aside from the cities themselves (they are super crowded, traffic is a nightmare etc etc).

We had an option of adding a day trip to Alexandria and everyone in our Tour group wanted to do that, but it ended up being quite boring. Just another city with a nice super modern library and a pretty lighthouse.

I visited Egypt in 2007, and the political climate there was a lot less turbulent, so I'm not really sure what it's like now. I assume that it's all the same for tourists.
    Egypt was definitely one of the most incredible experiences of my life.
    Good luck and enjoy.

Edit: if your tour doesn't include the Red Sea, I recommend you take a trip down there yourself if you can. It's beautiful there and the diving is supposed to be amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @witherwings, I have so many people telling me it's so dangerous etc etc. If it was that dangerous they wouldn't do tours there. Originally I was meant to be going to America which to me is just as dangerous over there.

I still have lots to prepare here like buying suit case, making sure I have suitable clothing to respect their customs and be protected from the sun, photocopy everything, arrange accomodation and currency.

Leaving mothers day. I thought mothers day last year was the best ever with a backstreet boys concert but I think this one will top the concert for sure.

I know that when I arrive I will most likely stay in my hotel as working my 5th night shift the night before I go then the day I leave being mothers day, won't be any sleep for me until I fly out that night. Thankful I have a night flight direct to Abu Dharbi so I can at least spend the whole day with kiddo because I am going to be gone for 2.5 weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for the night hubbers