+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I am amazed at how many people can not do anything after the kids are in bed...there's always something that needs doing here. If we never did house stuff after the kids were in bed we'd live in a pig sty.
    But you are out of the house a fair bit? If I didn't put a time on when I'm not doing housework it would be ever ending as I'm home FT. Even when I worked PT I aimed to have all my stuff done within 20-30min of the kids being in bed.

Many folks use that time to recharge. I know I need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    But you are out of the house a fair bit? If I didn't put a time on when I'm not doing housework it would be ever ending as I'm home FT. Even when I worked PT I aimed to have all my stuff done within 20-30min of the kids being in bed.

Many folks use that time to recharge. I know I need to.
    I would love time to recharge...but if I take that time it doesn't take long for everything to pile up. In fact, because DH works from home after the kids are in bed I do get left the piles of clean washing...that alone can take an hour to fold and put away...I think our lives are just crazy busy. I went to bed at 8.30 last night...but got up at 4 to get the stuff done I didn't get done last night.
    And now I'm off to work...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    7.30 if DP puts the kids to bed, 8.30 if I do. I don't do any house work in the evening either. I'm quite disheartened but not very surprised that no PP's have said that their partner/husband puts the kids to bed. Or does the other chores while you are putting the kids to bed.
    To me its a given that DH is either putting the kids to bed or doing chores so I never think to specifically say "DH does xyz, while I..."
    Perhaps other pp's are the same.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default When does your night 'start ?

I would love time to recharge...but if I take that time it doesn't take long for everything to pile up. In fact, because DH works from home after the kids are in bed I do get left the piles of clean washing...that alone can take an hour to fold and put away...I think our lives are just crazy busy. I went to bed at 8.30 last night...but got up at 4 to get the stuff done I didn't get done last night.
    Ah, see the difference is that you work. When I was working full time I of course had to do housework in the evening after the kids were in bed because it would pile up. Now that I'm home full time (apart from hospital stays with DD), I can get everything done during the day, so the only thing that really needs doing is the dishes after dinner. But occasionally even they get left until the next morning because quite frankly I'd rather spend time with DP than at the sink (although he dries the dishes when I do). That generally only happens if DP got home a bit late, the dinner was then a bit late and therefore the night is pushed back a bit. Out of the 5 kids my DD is the only one who needs to be helped to get to bed, so I do that. The 4 boys all just get ready and go to bed themselves and we kiss them goodnight.
    Last edited by Hollywood; 03-03-2016 at 09:08.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Full House  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really value my downtime at night. DS is normally in bed by 7.30 and then I might make his lunch for the next day but that's really it in terms of housework. Dishes are done by whoever isn't doing DS' shower, washing is put on a delay cycle so it's ready to hang out as soon as I get home from work and I have a cleaner who looks after most other things.

I'm normally in bed by 10 and I find that I start to get a bit cranky if I don't have time to unwind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    8mth old DD. She's in bed by 8.30, I shower and finally sit down at 9pm.. Then she's up from 2-4 times a night. She went to bed at 7.30 last night and I felt like I had been given the night off! 🎉

DH baths while I clear up her/our dinner and we both eat in between. I feel like the evenings are a frenzy of activity before I get all of an hour to myself before I need to go to bed at 10ish.. My life is on speed atm 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    About 8pm usually.

It's pretty busy leading up to that time though (tidying/cleaning, dinner prep, cooking, bath time for DS, cleaning up kitchen, shower for me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the dynamics of every household is so different. I do most/all of my housework with the kids. They help me bring in washing and everyone bar the baby puts their own away.

Other people prefer to do things peacefully after the kids go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    8pm when we put DD in bed. I have no fu.cks left to give by that stage so what hasn't been done by then stays undone lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I take down time when and where I can. I sometimes go to bed before the some of the kids. Like last night both dh and I went to bed at 9.30. The older kids bedtime is 10.30.
    I don't have schedule and my house isn't a display home. I couldn't cope if it was.