+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My night is during the day and I sleep. Everything else I fit around my work hours. I try to sleep while kiddo is at school so maybe 3 hours there as it takes an hour to and from school with public transport. Lately I have been giving the house a good clean on a Friday night and while my mum watches kiddo on the weekend while I work, she will do things I haven't been able to do like the ironing and folding.

If kiddo isn't home and I have to work, I sleep if I can once he has been picked up otherwise I have to wait til he goes to bed so I can rest for an hour or 2 before work.

The nights I don't work, I go to bed late and up early but I try to catch up on sleep if it's possible too. Most of the time, I just lay in bed because I can't make myself sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most nights, not till 10pm. It's been that way for quite awhile now and I'd so love an hour or two to unwind at night alone or watch a TV show properly. My toddler is very full on during that day but we are often still battling to get him to bed before 9.30. Sometimes later. It sucks. I spent almost 2 hours many nights trying to wind him down for bed. At the moment im pregnant so i just crash at the same time, if I've got any energy I do chores. When not pregnant i get into a bad habit of staying up till midnight a couple of nights a week hanging washing, tidying up and folding because It's hard to do it in the daytime.

I know so many parents who's kids are in bed without a peep by 7 or 7.30 and they can sit down with their partner and have a wine and dinner/read/bake/veg out etc. That seems like a fair off magical fairy land to me but I hope one day, that's the way it is!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    7.30 if DP puts the kids to bed, 8.30 if I do. I don't do any house work in the evening either. I'm quite disheartened but not very surprised that no PP's have said that their partner/husband puts the kids to bed. Or does the other chores while you are putting the kids to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When does your night 'start ?

Tonight for example, DH was at volleyball- I did dinner early, and we had toasties so it was minimal mess, showers early too, then both kids in bed at 7.30. I cleaned and mopped the bathrooms, folded some washing, hung some more out, plucked my eyes brows, vacuumed the floors, cleaned the kitchen, playroom etc. and was showered, on the couch in my pjs by 8.15pm.

I'm home full time so am able to do dinner for the kids whenever, I can't really clean much during the day as they undo any cleaning that I attempt. I feel like I spend 80% of my life doing washing. I also use my slow cooker a LOT so that dinner isn't stressful to prepare , my DS2 is very sooky at the moment so I'm finding it a lifesaver right now.

I don't usually clean in the evenings but we have a play date here tomorrow morning. Usually after the kids are in bed DH and I are in our bed watching mkr or a movie or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Children are in bed by 730pm at the latest then it's me time. I don't do anything at night.
    Same. Occasionally I'll load the dishwasher or put a load of washing on to hang out the next day but usually, if it hasn't been done before dinner, it's not getting done that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    7.30 if DP puts the kids to bed, 8.30 if I do. I don't do any house work in the evening either. I'm quite disheartened but not very surprised that no PP's have said that their partner/husband puts the kids to bed. Or does the other chores while you are putting the kids to bed.
    My DH often does DDs bath time and bedtime. I finish dinner and stuff and have a shower while he does that. Then I can relax. (Providing DD is compliant! !)
    If he's not home from work yet it's on me.
    But he will usually tidy kitchen after dinner. ..feed dog and take rubbish out.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just after 9 usually. Younger 2 are sorted and in bed by 8pm. Then I spend an hour doing housework etc until 9 when my eldest goes to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After dinner one of us does baths and the other does dishes/cleans up dinner mess.
    Then we both put one child to bed each, which takes 2-15 minutes depending on which child/how many books we read, etc. he usually takes DS1 and reads him books etc, because I get to do that at nap time in the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH works a lot and is not often home until after bedtime (7pm). Nights he is home however we both pitch in and get kids through the bath, into pj's, do DD's physio exercises, and into bed and the other will do dishes/kitchen etc.
    Older 2 children are in bed by 7pm then our night is ours...until 3hrs later when the baby wakes...then continues to wake up to 4-5x a night lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is usually at work if I'm home...but when I'm working it's all him. We don't work conventional hours. When we are both home together we both do things. I just didn't mention it in my post because the question wasn't 'how much does your dh help in the evening.'
    I am amazed at how many people can not do anything after the kids are in bed...there's always something that needs doing here. If we never did house stuff after the kids were in bed we'd live in a pig sty.