+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When does your night 'start ?

I just seem to never get time to relax at night. After kids are in bed I tidy up, get school stuff ready for the next day, get lunches unless DH is doing it, and then usually fold washing maybe while watching TV but I never get to just kick back an relax at night . They're all in bed by 8pm amd I'm often laying with someone until 830pm so nothing gets done before then. Next thing I know it's midnight 😕😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its 2.30 am here, there's always something I have to do lol single mumma
    I just priorities it now and do what u can be stuffed doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the same, except that somehow bed time has been pushed back to 9, I don't know how that happened!
    Usually that's what I consider my time- but I am of course doing a bunch of jobs.
    Recently DH has been insisting that both kids have to help clean up the kitchen/general tidying up, before bed, which has been pretty good (once the whining stops), leaves just the laundry most nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Around 7.30/8pm. With or without dh around I have all three in bed by 6.30/7pm. Then a quick tidy up. I do most of my jobs when they are awake. IE I pack lunches mid afternoon. I have 2X lunchboxes so I don't need to wait for today's ones to be washed. The playroom - kids have to tidy up themselves. I just sweep and mop after they go to bed. Laundry gets folded earlier.

But I'm a SAHP with more 'home' time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't. Last night I got home from work at 10.30pm. Tonight I'll be home by 5.30 but there is so much stuff to catch up on. My 'down time' of an evening is folding the washing while listening to a tv show.
    I have one night a week where I just do the basics and have down time. So just tidy up the kitchen, and a quick tidy of the house and then do something I enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Since DD got sick and I've become a SAHM I'm able to do housework during the day, so the only thing that generally needs doing is kitchen tidy up. Having said that, our kids aren't in bed especially early so our alone time doesn't start until around 10pm most nights. If we just have DD at home it's more like 9pm.

My DD sleeps until about 9am quite often and I set my alarm for 7am so I also have me time in the morning before she gets up, so I can get ready for the day and get some stuff done. That'll of course change once she can start kinder and next year school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD goes to bed at around 7/730. I usually do a quick tidy up and then relax with DH and dinner etc. I don't do any housework at night.
    It's the only time I get to relax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get down time from around 9pm, kids are in bed by 8.30.
    I don't usually do housework during the week other than washing kids lunchboxes, putting dishes in dishwasher and quick wipe down of kitchen bench.
    It doesn't bother me that kids toys still all over the floor and clothes not put away. Being at work all day already and dropping off and picking up kids, doing homework, getting dinner ready etc I figure it's my time to relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Children are in bed by 730pm at the latest then it's me time. I don't do anything at night.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When does your night 'start ?

I'm an early to bed early to rise person- there is no start to the "night" per se, it's for winding down and sleeping (hopefully!).
    I start and complete most of the chores early in the morning when I feel a bit fresher and have energy
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 02-03-2016 at 07:01.