+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I had it in high school, either year 8 or year 9. I was exhausted. I couldn't walk at all. My dad had to carry me to the toilet so I could wee. Then carry me to the shower where I'd sit on the floor. I could barely even turn my head sideways. I vomited all over myself.
    After the first 10 or so days of just being in bed, my parents would carry me to the couch for a couple of hours a day and I'd try to watch tv. But I was too exhausted.
    The exhaustion was debilitating, my body didn't work at all. My throat was killing me and my glands were so swollen my head wouldn't turn properly.
    I didn't eat at all for weeks. And every time I drank I vomited.
    When I went back to school, they called me skeletor, I was already skinny but after weeks of not eating anything I probably did look like a walking skeleton.
    I'll never forget how awful it was.
    Is there an immunisation for it now? If so, I'll immunise my kids, even if I have to pay, that's how bad it was.
    No immunization for it.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it as a teenager, I only remember feeling really ill for a couple of weeks to be honest. Had to take it easy for a while though. I do know people that had fatigue for a few months though.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this when I was 18 and was incredibly sick. I ended up on steroids as my throat was closing up, nearly hospitalised, bedridden for months and it turned into a chronic fatigue type illness where for a few years after.

Horrible illness,hope your DD recovers well!