+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What did they sort out for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That I will get single parent payments (based on my wage)once all of my paperwork is processed in a week or so

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (30-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    RP I know how you feel. When my sons father walked out on me when I was pregnant I had no idea about Centrelink, what I'd do, how I'd be a single mum and so on.

I wrote something similar in another thread so forgive me if you read it.

You can do this. You don't need him. I promise you that you will feel confused, overwhelmed, stressed out and sad. But in 6 months time you will start to breath easier. 8 months time you will realise how much happier you and your kids are. 12 months time you will be a new woman.

You've organised Centrelink. Now right a list of other things you need to organise.

Insurances, joint accounts, utilities and loans. One by one go through them and organise them.

You need to tell the children.
    Tell the children tomorrow. Take a deep breath and tell them that Mum and Dad love them very much, they just don't love each other. Tell them Mum might be a bit stressed so please give her a big cuddle every night. Tell them you want them to speak to you when they need to.

I spent months being angry with my ex, and whenever I see his face I still spit venom. But I've realised now that I deserve to be myself, to feel free and feel happiness, and I never felt as happy holding him at night as I do holding my little boy. Once I realised he didn't give a **** about my feelings, I stopped letting him bother me as much. Your pain doesn't affect his social life, don't let it eat into your thoughts anymore then it needs to.

Your children are your stars and moon, watch them sleep, listen to them breathe and be thankful for them whenever you feel sad.

Please DO NOT be afraid to ask for help. Other mothers were amazing for me. I was very quiet when it happened however a few mums brought me meals or came and tidied up a bit while I cried and we talked. Ask for help. Ask for hugs. Ask for advice. Don't listen to it all, but listen to the stuff that resonates with you.

One thing at a time OP.

Last but not least, trust your gut-not your head. Your gut is said to be your 'inner child', it's not corrupted by outside influences. Your head gets screwed up by everything we are subjected to on a daily basis. My psych said that to me, and once she did I knew I had to let him go. My gut always said it wasn't right but my head talked me back into it.

5. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (30-03-2016),BettyV  (02-04-2016),binnielici  (03-04-2016),ButterflyMa  (30-03-2016),DizzyDaisy  (30-03-2016),GirlsRock  (30-03-2016),kiwimum890  (30-03-2016),lilypily  (30-03-2016),Mokeybear  (30-03-2016),MrsSS  (02-04-2016),Olive Oil  (02-04-2016),Silver flute  (31-03-2016),SuperGranny  (31-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (30-03-2016),twinklify  (30-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016),Wise Enough  (30-03-2016),wobbleyhorse  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    RP I know how you feel. When my sons father walked out on me when I was pregnant I had no idea about Centrelink, what I'd do, how I'd be a single mum and so on.

I wrote something similar in another thread so forgive me if you read it.

You can do this. You don't need him. I promise you that you will feel confused, overwhelmed, stressed out and sad. But in 6 months time you will start to breath easier. 8 months time you will realise how much happier you and your kids are. 12 months time you will be a new woman.

You've organised Centrelink. Now right a list of other things you need to organise.

Insurances, joint accounts, utilities and loans. One by one go through them and organise them.

You need to tell the children.
    Tell the children tomorrow. Take a deep breath and tell them that Mum and Dad love them very much, they just don't love each other. Tell them Mum might be a bit stressed so please give her a big cuddle every night. Tell them you want them to speak to you when they need to.

I spent months being angry with my ex, and whenever I see his face I still spit venom. But I've realised now that I deserve to be myself, to feel free and feel happiness, and I never felt as happy holding him at night as I do holding my little boy. Once I realised he didn't give a **** about my feelings, I stopped letting him bother me as much. Your pain doesn't affect his social life, don't let it eat into your thoughts anymore then it needs to.

Your children are your stars and moon, watch them sleep, listen to them breathe and be thankful for them whenever you feel sad.

Please DO NOT be afraid to ask for help. Other mothers were amazing for me. I was very quiet when it happened however a few mums brought me meals or came and tidied up a bit while I cried and we talked. Ask for help. Ask for hugs. Ask for advice. Don't listen to it all, but listen to the stuff that resonates with you.

One thing at a time OP.

Last but not least, trust your gut-not your head. Your gut is said to be your 'inner child', it's not corrupted by outside influences. Your head gets screwed up by everything we are subjected to on a daily basis. My psych said that to me, and once she did I knew I had to let him go. My gut always said it wasn't right but my head talked me back into it.
    I remember your thread so well, I was so very sad for you and your son, it's wonderful to hear you pass on advice with the benefit of the worst of the experience being mostly behind you, so glad to hear you and Bub are marching on quite nicely 💓💓💓

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (03-04-2016),Californication  (30-03-2016),GirlsRock  (30-03-2016),harvs  (30-03-2016),heplusme  (30-03-2016),kriista  (30-03-2016),LoveLivesHere  (30-03-2016),sashas girl  (30-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (30-03-2016),Summer  (30-03-2016),SuperGranny  (31-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016),wobbleyhorse  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RuffledPansy, how are you? You achieved some great stuff last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi RuffledPansy, how are you? You achieved some great stuff last week.
    Exactly this. Small steps, one at a time. Please take the great advice here and although it's hard, you need to speak honestly with your kids. They will thank you for it and will probably be very relieved that they know what is going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesn't have to pay child support for 6 weeks does he ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    He doesn't have to pay child support for 6 weeks does he ...
    He pays from the moment you call child support. Have you done that yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought that their was a set time frame that they wouldn't make him until after that time frame ...and no I will be ringing CP tomorrow. ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or is it 12 weeks