+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You should write a list - maybe in a journal. It'll be a huge one. Make a list of the times where he has really hurt you, let you down, deceived you, made you feel worthless.

Use this list to motivate you to plan your exit strategy.

I'm not going to lecture you, because I think you should still feel comfortable to vent here. I just want to see you stand up for yourself.

You've become so used to living in this misery, but this is not living. You have been enduring life when you should be enjoying life. It's time to strive for better.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (18-03-2016),Mod-Myztik  (02-03-2016),SuperGranny  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He should have helped you. Whether you asked for help or not. It was obvious you needed it. I don't believe for one second this was a communication issue. It was obvious you were physically struggling. He refused to help you. I understand you were frustrated. I would be, too.

You still need to take into consideration how your relationship is affecting your kids, though. It hurts to hear your parents arguing. I agree with the others who have said to try and keep the peace until you are ready to leave. You don't need to be lovey dovey, just be civil. You have decided to stay until April. You need to do what's best for your kids in that time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (02-03-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just hope april comes quickly for you. This not a good marriage by any stretch, it is little more than an ongoing fight. I feel so sad for you, and your children. Please focus on your escape, and don't attempt to find a 'decent' ounce in him. hugs, marie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any decent human would have seen you struggling and helped. Unfortunately your husband doesnt fall under this category.
    Keep coming here to vent or as pp suggested get a diary.
    Unfortunately he is never going to change and be that man you want and need.
    But great work on putting the desk together! I know i would have struggled doing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    Any decent human would have seen you struggling and helped. Unfortunately your husband doesnt fall under this category.
    Keep coming here to vent or as pp suggested get a diary.
    Unfortunately he is never going to change and be that man you want and need.
    But great work on putting the desk together! I know i would have struggled doing it!
    Thanks you seem to get what I'm saying all the time ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    Did you ask for help? My husband, who is actually one of the good ones, would expect me to ask for help if I needed/wanted it. I find men aren't that good at reading minds. Maybe ask for his help to figure out if the desk can be fixed.

He could well be downstairs having a moan that you have the $hits with him. Communication doesn't seem great in this relationship.
    This. I agree men are not good at reading us. Then maybe he had the sh!ts that you didn't ask him to help you. I'd ask him for some help.

I know if I don't ask my DH for help when clearly it's needed he doesn't notice and needs a nudge.

It sounds like both of you have communication issues. Talk and ask him for help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all your previous posts.. only this one so I can only comment on what I see is happening and what other people have said...

I agree with the fact you didn't ask for help. Sometimes at the end of a relationship we tend to bait the other half into screwing up. He should've offered to help you but didn't, you should've asked him to help you, but didn't. Two people created that situation not one. As for when you were there with the desk lying on top of you.. you openly admit when he came in to see what was going on you were rude/sarcastic to him. Of course he's going to react by telling you to get lost.

I also agree with cutting the crap in front of the kids. You're doing mental/emotional damage to them by being this way. You and your partner need to grow up and hide your resentment from each other in front of your kids. If you can't do that then you need to officially end the relationship. Mind you once it's ended again, you need to be civilised to your partner (ex) for the sake of your kids. From the sounds of things though that's probably not going to happen

Some people say that separating is hard on the kids and can screw them up... I actually disagree with that statement.. I think staying with someone when the relationship has ended and you can't be civil to one another can do a lot more damage.

Good luck... either way try and sort your crap out with your partner away from the kids.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (02-03-2016),flowers21  (02-03-2016),gingermillie  (02-03-2016),LaDiDah  (17-03-2016),VicPark  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need to get this off my chest

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Agree.

Don't buy him nice birds that cost $400 and you a $150... Seriously! He probably won't even feed the god damn bird
    ( Not helpful but keeping a bird in a cage is really sad 😥😥😥😥 )

Also agree.. If you didn't ask for help you can hardly blame him. Sorry.

Also really bad to do this in front on kids. So many people do it and I don't know why they can't see the affect it has on the children. Have you considered couples counselling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    Thanks you seem to get what I'm saying all the time ...
    I can understand that all you are wanting is to be loved and give your kids a happy family.
    I hope you do find the strength in April to follow through with your plan to leave and give your kids that happy life that you all deserve.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (02-03-2016)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Need to get this off my chest

Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    ( Not helpful but keeping a bird in a cage is really sad 😥😥😥😥 )
    Totally off topic yes and also an assumption. I'm a bird person, they're free to fly, not clipped, spoiled rotten feathered kids. They still have a cage. The choose to go in there to sleep, they are put in there if tradesmen are around and they're likely to get startled. Not everyone buys a bird and crams it in a cage on top of the fridge 24/7.

As for the OP. Sounds like a pretty crap situation (I haven't seen your other posts so not sure of history) for all involved. I do think asking for help would be a good idea but he also should have offered when he saw you struggling. I'm a stubborn **** if I'm in a mood and would refuse the offer and do it myself anyway lol. Sounds like you guys either need professional help or to part ways. The kids don't need to be dragged into those situations as that's exactly what happened especially with his petty comment.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 02-03-2016 at 15:52.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (02-03-2016)