+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cool thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Most welcome. Mine has computers for customers at it so they can also help you with the online part of needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't want to stay in this house it's a rental and it's in his name ...I feel by living here he know what I am doing and we're I am ...that he still has control ...I want to move but can't afford it ATM is there any where I can get some financial help to do so ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it's in his name, have you got friends/family you can stay with in the short term? Move while he's OS. Cut off any services that are in your name (Internet, power etc) and talk to places like the Salvo's to see if they can help with the bond. Centerlink may also be able to give you a loan and I think they can out you on the list for public housing. I'd also take half the money from any joint bank account you may have access to.

I know you don't think so, but he has truly done you a favour. Take the time he's away to move and get clear of him and your destructive relationship. It won't be easy I'm sure, but in 6-12 months time, you'll wonder why you didn't leave years ago. And please, please, please, please, PLEASE don't even THINK about leaving the kids with him. You CAN do this.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (27-03-2016),Wise Enough  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check the opening hours of Centrelink as all the ones in our area close at 4.30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    Check the opening hours of Centrelink as all the ones in our area close at 4.30pm.
    Ooh good point. My local is the same and they start turning people away from the door at 4pm. I had to take my DS there about his youth allowance. I came straight from work and the only reason they let us in after 4pm was because I told them I had come straight from work and couldn't get there earlier in the day. They really make it difficult.

I would suggest getting there as early as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As horrible as this sounds - rent is in his name so his responsibility. Save your money for bond/rent in new place. Centrelink can help you with rent as well if you apply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought about that also ....and there is no lease also...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    I thought about that also ....and there is no lease also...
    Perfect. You can just leave.

If you have a joint account, apply to get the bond paid back into that when he is overseas and keep it for yourself.

If he is anything like my ex he will work hard to screw you over financially during settlement so you may as well take the money if you can.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    RP- Google is your friend. If you need bond help, google 'bond help nsw'. There's a few places that will come up, Department of Housing do something called Rentstart I think, Salvo's help as well I think from memory. You need to have no money though to be eligible.

Just google everything. I know it's difficult right now. But you need to take control. All of these jobs you need to do, stop dwelling on the fact that you don't know how to do them. Google. Get a phone number, ring these places and ask for help. Tell them you don't know how to do it. They understand. Most people who access these services are doing so for the first time, in times of extreme stress. The staff are used to it.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-03-2016),babyla  (26-03-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Californication  (26-03-2016),delirium  (26-03-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (27-03-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (27-03-2016),Mokeybear  (26-03-2016),VicPark  (27-03-2016)