Closed Thread
Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Hi @Muchulu1
    I've done a fair bit of acupuncture. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest! I did it for ages while we were TTC naturally, didn't really help anything. Then I did it for the month before this IVF cycle and for this cycle up to EPU. I didn't go back for it after ET. I'm not sure it helped anything during my IVF cycle and I just found it all really stressful. If it's relaxing I think it's great for people to do, but for me it's just another appointment on top of all the other ones I already have to get to and it hurts, so I ended up getting really stressed about going every time. (It didn't used to hurt me when I went a few years ago, but since IVF it really does, I don't know whether the hormones have made me more sensitive or something).
    Good luck for your ET on Sunday!!

Ugh, it sucks doesn't it! I need someone to follow me around and slap food out of my hand.
    Oh no, your poor cat! Lovely that you were there to hold her paw though <3 How many kittens did she have in the end?
    She has had 5.. But I'm pretty sure there is one more in there from what I can feel. For now though she is too exhausted so is having a rest😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ivf newbie For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    I wonder if your cat will hold your hand when you're giving birth.
    That's so funny. Both of my cats had kittens many years ago and they were both the worst mothers ever! One of them just kept leaving her kittens in another room, jumping on the couch with me and looking at me like "I don't know where they came from, but holy hell they are annoying!" and the other one basically refused to have anything to do with her and my dog raised them instead (so cute but a bit devastating when she would lay there on her side trying to get the kittens to nurse on her. I had to gently tell her "it doesn't quite work like that sweety...." lol) She was so sweet

206553_18008391288_1836_n.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so funny. Both of my cats had kittens many years ago and they were both the worst mothers ever! One of them just kept leaving her kittens in another room, jumping on the couch with me and looking at me like "I don't know where they came from, but holy hell they are annoying!" and the other one basically refused to have anything to do with her and my dog raised them instead (so cute but a bit devastating when she would lay there on her side trying to get the kittens to nurse on her. I had to gently tell her "it doesn't quite work like that sweety...." lol) She was so sweet

Attachment 80209
    Oh that is so gorgeous that your dog raised the kitties (this is why I love dogs lol)!!! and hilarious how completely nonchalant the cat was to her own kittens. So strange isn't it how some animals can abandon their offspring. Maybe they need some sex education/family planning or something lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

anulka  (11-04-2016),HillDweller  (11-04-2016),ivf newbie  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lovebubs77 I'm sorry you're going through this. It's just not fair when these things happen. Hoping with everything all is ok and your baby is healthy

Hi, to all the new members. Good luck with your ivf journey!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnysummers For This Useful Post:

Lovebubs77  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I'd also add, did my first hpt today and there was a very faint pink line when held to the light. This happened in my previous cycle as well but then the line never got any darker. I'm only 4DPT but I like to do them from now so I know if it is implanting at all. I'm hoping for a darker line tomorrow!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnysummers For This Useful Post:

Lovebubs77  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    @Ivfnewbie I've had the crappest day at work and read your comment about your cat and it made me crack up!!! So hilarious I hope you filmed it. I wonder if your cat will hold your hand when you're giving birth.
    Glad I could put a smile on your face 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is cute

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ivf newbie For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on the egg numbers @anulka and @Xxsmileyxx93! I'm so nervous about my EPU on Friday... I hope I get as many as you ladies did

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalMumma For This Useful Post:

Xxsmileyxx93  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EWins View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this thread too. Spent quite a few hours reading through the posts and feel like this has helped me a lot. Background is both DH and myself are 33 and TTC on and off for 3 years. Apparently we are both really healthy and have unexplained infertility. We did our first IVF cycle in Jan where we had to do a freeze-all due to risk of OHSS. 12 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilised and only 1 frozen. At the time I was devastated but now realise this can be quite normal so feeling a little better. Was going to do our FET last month but were told to use the at home ovulating pee test but it didn't work properly so missed last month. Again pretty upset but back on the horse this month with blood tests to detect ovulation and hopefully get our first try at ET. First blood test is on Thursday.

I'm really glad to have found this thread so chat to people going through the same thing. This whole process is way harder then I thought it would be, mainly I think due to FS not setting realistic expectations (or me being naive and thinking it would all be so simple since we took the plunge to do IVF). I understand that they want you to think positively and not be all doom and gloom but still, there have been a few tough blows. We haven't told anyone we are doing IVF which makes it hard to explain why I've been a bit distant or upset at times but I don't want to see that look of pity on their faces or to say anything :
    Welcome! It sounds like we've got a bit in common with our first IVF experiences. I also can't tell anyone at work (Catholic school) and it does feel a bit isolating. Like you're in your own IVF bubble and no one understands what you're going through. My FS didn't provide me with much detail first round, I would've liked a warning that just because you get good egg numbers, it doesn't mean they'll make it to day 5. In my naivety I had no idea. This forum has been really helpful and now I know what questions to ask the FS and nurses. It's great that you've got an embryo ready to go! I hope it's sticky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

@Sunnysummers i hope that line gets darker for you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

Sunnysummers  (12-04-2016)