Closed Thread
Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

It's nice to see some familiar names. I must admit, I haven't read through all of the posts yet, it looks like I've missed a lot. We are about to try our second round of IVF at the start of my next AF (due 18th). We are trying a few new approaches this time around, and I'd love to know if any of you have already tried them?

Some of you may recall that we didn't get any viable embryos for freezing in our Jan cycle but implanted the healthiest two of the three survivors and gave it our bet shot but BFN.

Had a phone consult with my FS yesterday. Given our poor embryo quality and development last time, she's switching us from Gonal to Menapure, which apparently is more natural. Has anyone tried this?

We've also selected to add the extra growth hormone injection, despite research last year indicating it's not as effective as first thought. However, from the few pages of posts I read, it sounds like some people may have had success with it?

She's also chosen for us to have double micro injection for 50% of our eggs. Has anyone had this done?

Also, she'll be using an extended egg culture media to encourage egg growth. Anyone had luck with this?

Before she ended the conversation she looked at my MRI report from last year and mentioned minor Ademomyosis (spelling?), which they weren't worried about last time, but this time, given it will be our last fresh cycle, she said we should try the hormone suppressants. Does anyone else have Ademo?
    She gave me a few options and I decided that we'll have the retrieval, then go on hormone suppressants and have a frozen transfer 6 weeks later. So, a long cycle for us. Has anyone else done this?

Sorry for the long post and long list of questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Ivfnewbie I am hoping I don't see you in the June thread because you get your BFP!
    Good luck xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ivf newbie  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mink I know how you feel, me and my partner have been trying for 5 years and I struggled with it so much has because all I kept thinking was " why is this so hard I'm only 23 " I guess at the moment I'm taking it harder than I normally would because 2 of my friends just had babies and my 14 year old sister is having one

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxsmileyxx93 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kdsd stay positive! You've got embies nestled inside and anything is possible! That's how they start out naturally anyway!
    My last two transfers were "perfect embryos " everything went "perfectly" lining was "perfect" hormones were "perfect" everything was 100% "perfect" and yet here I am PUPO with a third "perfect" embie from a "perfect" transfer. Big hugs to you and let's hope this is the "perfect" month for all of us!
    @Mink hugs. You are brave.
    @HillDweller NO NO NO ! Ha ha! I'm right there with you! Too early to symptom spot but we will anyway!

Hi to everyone!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (09-04-2016),kdsd  (09-04-2016),Mink  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts thank you you're right I haven't done this on purpose but I can't help in blaming myself. I wish I could give my hubby the ultimate gift of a child one day. He'd make an amazing father. I'm so sorry to hear your AF has arrived. She's such an unwelcome guest sometimes isn't she. A break sounds great. Hope that boosts you for your next cycle!

@Ivfnewbie thank you. I'll be spending this weekend with my hot water bottle, nurofen and some well deserved wallow time lol I hope you haven't driven yourself completely insane during your tww like I did.

@Xxsmileyxx93 wow your 14yo sis is pregnant? Congrats to her! Is she freaking out? This journey is so bloody hard!! We've been trying for 4 years now without as much as a late period. You're very lucky to be so young in this IVF process. I really hope this is the only cycle you need. All the best for Monday and hopefully no nasty OHSS scares either. Look after yourself!

@MrsZebu welcome! Sounds like your FS is throwing everything at this cycle, which is great! I have adenomyosis too. I don't have a success story to give you unfortunately, but there is a whole thread about adenomyosis and many ladies there have had success and have been through the same protocol as you. So all the best! Hopefully you get your BFP soon.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

ivf newbie  (09-04-2016),lotsathoughts  (09-04-2016),MrsZebu  (10-04-2016),Xxsmileyxx93  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you and I am r eally young but I have pcos and endo so we didn't want to waste time because the chances of conceiving naturally were pretty slim. How many cycles have you done of IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxsmileyxx93 View Post
    Thank you and I am r eally young but I have pcos and endo so we didn't want to waste time because the chances of conceiving naturally were pretty slim. How many cycles have you done of IVF?
    Have you tried taking Metformin for your PCOS? It's helped me a lot. But only at a high dosage (2000mcg per day). My AMH was very high and after being on Metformin for about 6 months it dropped down by half (into the normal range).
    It might be something to ask your FS about if you're not already on it. It could make a difference if you need to do another IVF cycle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Xxsmileyxx93  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on it for the past year, it really hasn't done much for me :/ I'm glad that it has done a bit for you though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxsmileyxx93 View Post
    I have been on it for the past year, it really hasn't done much for me :/ I'm glad that it has done a bit for you though
    Bummer that sucks. I have the PCOS syndrome where my hormones are out of whack but I have no cysts on my ovaries. I have Hashimotos too, so my hormones are affected by that as well. I have been lucky I guess that the combination of Met and thyroid meds have helped.

One funny thing I have noticed, my hormones seem to be getting better after doing IVF cycles. It's really weird. The drugs obviously bring my hormones into line because I feel fantastic while I'm injecting, then, on the cycle in between our IVF attempts I noticed I wasn't getting any acne and I had EWCM for the first time in years... Bizarre. It's like my stupid lazy body is suddenly going "Oh...so that's the hormones I'm supposed to make....ok then.."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcl View Post
    Hi

I'm new to this forum (and forums in general!). I started my first round of IVF a couple of weeks ago after TTC for about 2.5 years (with one miscarriage at 12 weeks during that time) and have my EPU tomorrow morning. I'm a bit nervous about the procedure and anxious that I get some good quality eggs.

I'd be keen to chat to anyone else who's going through this or has a bit of experience and knows what they're talking about! I'm not sure how many follicles/eggs/embryos I should be hoping for ie. what's 'usual' (if there is such a thing).

Hi rmcl

I am also new to the forum and forums in general. We have a lot of similarities in our TTC stories.

I did my first round of IVF in November last year, I had a fresh transfer which was unsuccessful and 2 embryos were put in the freezer. In January I did an FET which was successful but I then MC'd at 6 week. I was going to have my last FET today but the embryo didn't survive the thaw. This means I will be doing another IVF round later this month.

How have you found the whole process? I hope you have been successful. I am not looking forward to the injections and the extreme exhaustion I had with my last IVF cycle. I look forward to hearing about your journey.