Closed Thread
Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivf newbie View Post
    The gel is a little gross - I googled all about it (as I do with EVERYTHING in this IVF journey) and I was sitting there having WTF moments so my ever so loving partner deleted Google off my phone and took the laptop to work hahaha.... I then just as lovingly screenshot a pic to him of my phone re-downloading Google 😜 but yes, I'm trying to limit my google problem.... When do you think you will do a hpt?
    Hahah i google everything too... even the earliest people get a positive!! Got to do something to fill in time when i aint working! 😊
    I have no idea i am to scared but also want to get in early and make sure the trigger is out so anything after that would be real i am 9 days past trigger today and 7 days past egg collection. Maybe sunday only because i dont have work that day, my next day off after that is blood test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    Hahah i google everything too... even the earliest people get a positive!! Got to do something to fill in time when i aint working! 😊
    I have no idea i am to scared but also want to get in early and make sure the trigger is out so anything after that would be real i am 9 days past trigger today and 7 days past egg collection. Maybe sunday only because i dont have work that day, my next day off after that is blood test
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see your results!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I got moderate OHSS on my first cycle @anulka. I had just over 20 follicles and got 19 eggs. It is not awesome. After egg collection, make sure you are drinking at least 3L of fluid a day and make sure at least 1L of that is from Hydralyte or Gatorade. Also really up your protein intake. Make sure you don't lay down flat. Stay as immobile as possible and, although it's really hard, you basically need to sleep almost sitting up. I was bloated beyond belief. Keep weighing yourself and if your weight is creeping up, or you start to feel short of breath, go to the hospital.

I really hope you don't get OHSS. Have they talked to you about doing a freeze all cycle? Usually if you are at risk of developing OHSS they won't do a transfer this cycle. They will freeze any embryos, get you to wait a cycle, then do an FET on the next cycle (I'm really sorry if that's the case, I don't want to upset you! I know I was devastated when I found this out, but just wanting to prepare you for the news you might get ) There is a good reason for it though, if they do a transfer and you get pregnant, the OHSS can become much much worse and end up a life threatening situation. So, if they tell you you need to do a freeze all, I know it's awful news, but it really is for the best.
    Hi HillDweller. Thanks for the reply. I have no idea really about ohss as last time i was lucky enough not to have any discomfort after EPU. I am not sure what my FS will do. The nurse said that they might freeze all and change my trigger to one that wont make it worse. It does make sense and i really dont want to end up in the hospital plus my DD was a natural FET so perhaps its what i need to do!
    The nurse called and said that my estrogen level rised to 4400 from 3400 yesterday. Not sure if thats ok ot not? Sounds high? Plus 30 eggs thats insane! Hope they are all good quality😢
    Im sorry you were suffering from ohss this stuff doesnt sounds nice at all! How are you feeling? I am day 2 on orgalutran and man - this stuff is awful. I have hot flashes and i am super tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guyyyyyssssss! The lab just called and they were able to freeze two of our embies!!! I can't believe it, I had absolutely accepted that we wouldn't have any to freeze this time. To the point I forgot they were even calling me today! I'm so happy. I've always been utterly convinced the first transfer won't take (not even in a negative, feeling down way, just an acceptance of reality way) and so the thought that we have two more chances before I'd have to do another full stim cycle again has sent me into delirious happiness today
    That's such great news!!! Good luck! Hope you won't need those frosties for ages.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (07-04-2016),MrsSMS  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anulka View Post
    Hi HillDweller. Thanks for the reply. I have no idea really about ohss as last time i was lucky enough not to have any discomfort after EPU. I am not sure what my FS will do. The nurse said that they might freeze all and change my trigger to one that wont make it worse. It does make sense and i really dont want to end up in the hospital plus my DD was a natural FET so perhaps its what i need to do!
    The nurse called and said that my estrogen level rised to 4400 from 3400 yesterday. Not sure if thats ok ot not? Sounds high? Plus 30 eggs thats insane! Hope they are all good quality😢
    Im sorry you were suffering from ohss this stuff doesnt sounds nice at all! How are you feeling? I am day 2 on orgalutran and man - this stuff is awful. I have hot flashes and i am super tired.
    They also have me some medication (can't remember what it was!) to help with the OHSS. It's something you can't have if you're having a transfer though so if they do a freeze all they might do the same for you.

In all good now. It was on my first cycle it happened. They changed my med dosage for the next cycle and I got 10 eggs instead and was fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @mrsthomo @Flower78 @anulka @Katt1101 xx

Been feeling really crappy all day about it and very doubtful that tomorrow's results will yield anything different. Just finding comfort in knowing I have 4 frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    They also have me some medication (can't remember what it was!) to help with the OHSS. It's something you can't have if you're having a transfer though so if they do a freeze all they might do the same for you.

In all good now. It was on my first cycle it happened. They changed my med dosage for the next cycle and I got 10 eggs instead and was fine
    Cool. Make sense hey! Dont really want to get sick!
    Do you remember what your estrogen levels were like?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anulka For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mink my line was lighter on my second test that came up as positive & somehow my levels have surprised everyone & kept going up! I hope you get the same surprise!

AFM another blood test today, & in 3 days my levels have gone from 213 to 1551! Dr said no more bloods needed but I'll probably get 1 more next week. Scan is booked for 2 weeks time. Praying for a heartbeat! It will be a somewhat nervous 2 week wait.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovebubs77 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (07-04-2016),lotsathoughts  (07-04-2016),Mink  (07-04-2016),mrsthomo  (07-04-2016),RubyGirl  (07-04-2016),sunny79  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi everyone this is my first ivf cycle and it's pretty scary haha good luck to you all and I hope you all get positive results ☺

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xxsmileyxx93 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (07-04-2016),MusicalMumma  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anulka View Post
    Cool. Make sense hey! Dont really want to get sick!
    Do you remember what your estrogen levels were like?
    Yep, I was so disappointed when they cancelled my ET but once I got sick I realised it was for the best!

I forgot to ask for my estrogen levels on the first cycle unfortunately, so I'm not sure 😕