Closed Thread
Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 ahhh okay! I understand now.
    I really hope they're all perfect though. ♡
    Wow! Just curious, what about day 2 (day 3 transfer?)
    Couldn't be better than a day 4, surely!
    We are paying extra for blasts this time, last time we weren't given an option.
    8 years to be frozen seems like so long! I personally can't believe my last little one at QFG will have been frozen for 5 years this July or August. :0
    @Mink Okay I Googled it and I'm sure I got the same answer as a doctor but I'm gonna tell you anyway.
    Your body eliminates approximately half of the hcg in your system every 23 to 35 hours, so 14 days following the injection, Ovidrel should be completely out of your system.

I'm not sure how much of the drug is delivered by how many clicks.
    If you know the amount you could work it out.
    Halve it from the 22nd every 35 hours (to be safe) and then on the 25th and 30th just add those doses and keep halving?

I really hope that line is from a baby though! *fingers crossed!* xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

Mink  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller Awww! What a sweetheart. I wish my dog was allowed inside. ♡
    I have everything crossed for you today, lovely!
    @anulka I totally agree with you when you speak about life throwing so much at people. It's not fair dammit!
    Good luck for your BT today!
    I feel like I should have been taking pictures of my belly each day but I'm always naked when I remember. Lol! I might start today. I look a wee bit pregnant. How cruel. Lol. /:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mrsthomo I had a day 2 transfer mine was 4 cells on day 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    @anulka thank you for your understanding. I have these vents too, mostly in the form of sobbing, during the first two weeks of my cycle 😢 it really is unfair. Women have it so hard, healthy or not, we're just always the ones that have to fight. I saw a meme once from the golden girls Betty White that said "I don't know why people say grow some balls?! Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" Hahaha very crass but hilarious and true!

@mrsthomo thanks for your amazing Google skills I tried googling too but I'm still confused lol so using your equation (apparently 6 clicks is 60mcg or something. Not sure on the measurement, but one click is 10 of something), all the hcg from the ovidrel should've left my system by now. Having said that though, I called the nurse at Genea and he wasn't very helpful lol said if I were to test now there would still be a question mark on the results and basically couldn't say when the ovidrel would've left my system and to wait out till Friday for my test.

I guess I'll just have to test again tomorrow and see if there's any change to the second line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MaybeBabyIVF I am so sorry if I offended you at all! I am truly happy for you that you are pregnant. ♡
    It's amazing that your little one came from a day 2, 4 cell embryo.

My last clinic froze on day 2 and told me it's the best day to freeze an embryo and a day 3 transfer is the best because it's better for an embryo to grow inside you than it is to grow in a petri dish.
    I do agree with that sentiment, whole heartedly but am skeptical about day 2 being the best day to freeze as I have read nearly everywhere else (and my new clinic agrees) that day 5 is better.

I have tried both and neither worked so I don't know what works best for me just yet.

I wish you all the best with your pregnancy. xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsthomo View Post
    @MaybeBabyIVF I am so sorry if I offended you at all! I am truly happy for you that you are pregnant. ♡
    It's amazing that your little one came from a day 2, 4 cell embryo.

My last clinic froze on day 2 and told me it's the best day to freeze an embryo and a day 3 transfer is the best because it's better for an embryo to grow inside you than it is to grow in a petri dish.
    I do agree with that sentiment, whole heartedly but am skeptical about day 2 being the best day to freeze as I have read nearly everywhere else (and my new clinic agrees) that day 5 is better.

I have tried both and neither worked so I don't know what works best for me just yet.

I wish you all the best with your pregnancy. xo
    Sorry Hun wasn't offended. Was thinking you were asking about them lol. My clinic grew our extra frosties to 5 day blasties but believed for fresh transfer was best to put the best embryo in for better chance of getting the bfp earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh @Mink and @Annie85 that sounds awful I'm so sorry you have to go through something like that on top of everything else!

I got my call from the clinic. We have a "lovely looking blasty" to transfer today apparently! My DH suggested we listen to one of my audiobooks on the way to the appointment because I find when I'm concentrating on a story I usually forget to be nervous. He's an ideas man! 😊

The other 3 are almost at blasto stage but not quite, so they're going to take another look at them tomorrow and if any of them have progressed to blasty they will freeze them. I'd so love to be able to freeze one...but I guess I don't have any control over that, so I'll just be grateful we have one to transfer today!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Mink  (06-04-2016),Staaz  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mink! I did a bit more googling and the internet says that the 250 ovidrel shot can leave up to 6700iu HCG in the body which means 6 clicks is 1608.

I'm afraid your nurse is right, it depends on how much HCG you start with, how much HCG the ovidrel left and how many hours it takes your body to remove it all.

I calculated the whole amount of 6700iu (and 1608 on the 25th and 30th) and if your body takes 35 hours to halve the HCG, it will take until the 16th for it to be low enough for it to be disregarded in a FRER.

I'm so sorry if I got your hopes up and confused you.
    I hope your line keeps getting darker. I have everything crossed for you. ♡ xo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

Mink  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller that's great news!! Hopefully all 3 make it to freeze, but yes at least one would be excellent too. Good luck today hope it all goes smoothly!

@mrsthomo haha don't worry you haven't gotten my hopes up but I am more confused lol if the 16th is when everything will be out of my system, why would they get me to have my BT on the 8th? I asked the nurse if they can tell from the BT if it's just left over ovidrel or a real pregnancy and he didn't really answer my q. Anyway, I'll just continue to be an anxious mess until Friday. Still feeling gooey like AF is coming though and I'm usually right about predicting AF.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh @MaybeBabyIVF don't you apologise!
    It's such an emotional subject and I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings.
    When we put so much trust in our doctors, it hurts to hear that they have either lied or they have been wrong about what they've told us. (I hope that makes sense)
    I was asking!
    That makes sense now. I'm so glad it worked out for you. ♡
    @HillDweller Yay!Congratulations!!
    That is so sweet about your husband.
    I have my fingers crossed for your other 3 embryos! xo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post: