Closed Thread
Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivf newbie View Post
    Oh luv I won't laugh at all... I'm freaking myself out about tomorrow as well, but I have been told multiple times that it is like a Pap smear. And I don't know if every clinic does this but before I started injections, they "measured" my uterus in a Pap smear type way. It was odd but fine. So if it's like that, we will be ok 😊
    Thanks IVF newbie 😊 I don't think I had that done. I'm not sure what they checked while I was having EPU since I was under.

I usually spend a ridiculous amount of time panicking about the anticipation of pain, then don't have much trouble at the time lol. I need to dampen down my imagination a bit I think 😉

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

ivf newbie  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Thanks @nicandM and @Tripmum ! Phew!

Tripmum, I live in the Perth Hills. Are you in Perth too? I'm in Roleystone
    You might know me then.n we used to live in Roley

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm psyching myself out over tomorrow's transfer. I'm hopeless. Has anyone found it painful? A GP once told me I had a slightly tilted uterus during a pap smear. Is that likely to make it painful? Would it be something they would have already looked at during EPU? FREAKING OUT. lol.

(Seriously, ivf newbie, you can laugh as much as you want at me right now since you just did EPU awake! I am officially the biggest sook ever!)
    Didn't hurt for me. The most uncomfortable thing for me was holding in my full bladder! I'm terrible at that. Can barely listen to the nurses give me the brief beforehand because I'm thinking about the loo. It's super quick too! Seriously was about 2mins all up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @mrsthomo hopefully by some miracle I have a normal cycle this time around but I'll have a transfer eventually, I guess. It sounds like the meds are working well if the needles are getting harder to do. Best of luck for Friday.
    @katt1011 sounds like a good plan but hopefully you can get some to refreeze too. Your transfer has come around so quickly!
    My cycles have gone so weird. I stopped breastfeeding DD and got my first af exactly 4 weeks to the day we stopped and then I had really regular cycles for a full year. The cycle before I was due to start my FET, I was 10 days late for no reason at all other than I'd been overseas so didn't know if that put me out of whack. I was sort of expecting that to be a once off bad cycle so it was frustrating having to wait for ovulation when I did the FET. After the ectopic, af came at the end of Feb and I was wondering if things might have been reset for me but it appears not. Seems I now have a regular 37-38 day cycle. It would be nice for it to be shorter and to avoid all those extra blood tests but I guess at least this cycle I'll be expecting to ovulate late and any earlier will be a bonus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm psyching myself out over tomorrow's transfer. I'm hopeless. Has anyone found it painful? A GP once told me I had a slightly tilted uterus during a pap smear. Is that likely to make it painful? Would it be something they would have already looked at during EPU? FREAKING OUT. lol.

(Seriously, ivf newbie, you can laugh as much as you want at me right now since you just did EPU awake! I am officially the biggest sook ever!)
    Hey Hun. How do you go with Pap smears?

I have a uterus that sits the wrong way & wasn't too uncomfortable. Same level of Pap smear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripmum View Post
    You might know me then.n we used to live in Roley
    Oh wow, small world! We've only lived in Roley since 2012. When did you live here?

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Hey Hun. How do you go with Pap smears?

I have a uterus that sits the wrong way & wasn't too uncomfortable. Same level of Pap smear
    @MaybeBabyIVF I'm usually fine with Pap smears, they've never hurt or anything... Hopefully that's promising news then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, small world! We've only lived in Roley since 2012. When did you live here?

@MaybeBabyIVF I'm usually fine with Pap smears, they've never hurt or anything... Hopefully that's promising news then
    They put the spec in the same as they do the papsmear. And I think it hurt less having the catheter put in than the scrapping they do for the smear.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller I also have a tilted uterus however didn't font the Et painful at all. As already mentioned the most difficult thing is the full bladder and holding on to that while they push down with the ultrasound ...
    Good luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=HillDweller;8447667]Oh wow, small world! We've only lived in Roley since 2012. When did you live here?

We moved in to Roley in late 2012 and moved end of last year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

This is attempt number 3 today! I git sidetracked by my daughter than postman and than by my mum calling my on a Skype! I had a nice esey written with all the answers and booom all gone.... **sigh**!!!

Anyway I am in Perth too. What clinic are you in girls? I am with concept!

I had my first scan today and they found 16 follicles and they all measured around 10, 11mm which i think its good eh? My lining was 8.7mm? Again i think thats ok!
    My scan was done by a trainee and she was lovely but she poked me left right and centre and she couldn't find my left uterus... so at one time i had two ladies poking me at the same time... joy!!! @mrsthomo how are you going with your injections? I am starting to feel tired ☺

Sorry girls for not being personal xxxx