Closed Thread
Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    I'm leftover from the Jan-Feb thread and have just entered the TWW. PUPO with two embies from a fresh transfer. And I only had three eggs so I'm feeling pretty happy!
    Little sunflowers - i remember your name from last cycle. Welcome on board!

They are pretty good numbers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post
    Hi @Flower78 - is there a reason you have switched to a medicated transfer this time?

I'm just asking out of curiousity as I see a few girls do them but I've only ever done a natural one.
    Hi Razzy Bear. I have really short cycles and a short LP. The last natural FET I got AF at 6dpt. So we are trying this medicated FET which will hopefully improve my lining and as its all controlled by hormones should fix the short LP. Well I hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

From reading your stories, it sounds like there are so many different types of IVF cycle (different meds etc.). It's so much to take in at first.

So I had my first EPU yesterday and we were surprised with 10 eggs (I knew I had 5/6 good size follicles on my right ovary, but they were unable to find my left ovary during scans so we had assumed that there was probably nothing of note growing there). I was really nervous before going in but I actually had a nice sleep! I was a bit more sore than I thought I'd be but I'm 80% better today. The embryologist just rang to let is know that 7 out of the 10 had fertilised so all being well I'll be in on Monday for a transfer. I'm hoping these are all good signs but there's still always that fear that the cycle could be cancelled at any stage because something's just not going right. We have 'unexplained' infertility so I guess at some point we might find out why this is not working for us naturally.

Is there anyone else here with 'unexplained' fertility that has found the IVF process has shed some light on what might be the problem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcl View Post
    Hi Ladies,

From reading your stories, it sounds like there are so many different types of IVF cycle (different meds etc.). It's so much to take in at first.

So I had my first EPU yesterday and we were surprised with 10 eggs (I knew I had 5/6 good size follicles on my right ovary, but they were unable to find my left ovary during scans so we had assumed that there was probably nothing of note growing there). I was really nervous before going in but I actually had a nice sleep! I was a bit more sore than I thought I'd be but I'm 80% better today. The embryologist just rang to let is know that 7 out of the 10 had fertilised so all being well I'll be in on Monday for a transfer. I'm hoping these are all good signs but there's still always that fear that the cycle could be cancelled at any stage because something's just not going right. We have 'unexplained' infertility so I guess at some point we might find out why this is not working for us naturally.

Is there anyone else here with 'unexplained' fertility that has found the IVF process has shed some light on what might be the problem?
    Welcome Hun. Ours isn't unexplained unfortunately as we both have issues. I have PCOS & blocked right tube. My AMH levels are sky high (in high 40s). DH swimmers don't ask for directions as I call it lol.

Our FS has said that it's more just a matter of getting eggs out of me and DH swimmers to just be plonked with egg so we're hoping 1 round is all we will need. I'm not too far behind (my first EPU is Thursday next week all going well).

I've been so tired lately and don't know if it's med related or not so I'm looking forward to a sleep lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Welcome Hun. Ours isn't unexplained unfortunately as we both have issues. I have PCOS & blocked right tube. My AMH levels are sky high (in high 40s). DH swimmers don't ask for directions as I call it lol.

Our FS has said that it's more just a matter of getting eggs out of me and DH swimmers to just be plonked with egg so we're hoping 1 round is all we will need. I'm not too far behind (my first EPU is Thursday next week all going well).

I've been so tired lately and don't know if it's med related or not so I'm looking forward to a sleep lol.
    Typical male (swimmers) - not asking for directions!

I found that I was very tired (and emotional) too while I was doing the injections, I figured it was probably the hormones. I actually fake slept a bit while in the recovery bed to postpone my move into the recovery chair.

Good luck for your EPU, it sounds like you're chances will be good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcl For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hi @rmcl - that's fantastic news about your number of eggs collected and number fertilised!

Although I have thyroid issues and mild PCOS, and DH's swimmers are "just ok" we we're still classified as "unexplained" because none of our issues should be bad enough to warrant not getting pregnant at all in over 2 years.

However, IVF did shed some light on it for us because on our first round we found out that DH swimmers do not bind to or penetrate my eggs properly (out of 19 eggs, only one fertilised and didn't make it to an embryo). So now at least I feel like we have some sort of answer as to why this wasn't happening naturally. Next cycle we will be doing ICSI, so hopefully that jumps us over that hurdle (of course, I don't know whether my other issues will cause problems once we get to transfer an embryo, but we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

rmcl  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Typical male (swimmers) - not asking for directions!

I found that I was very tired (and emotional) too while I was doing the injections, I figured it was probably the hormones. I actually fake slept a bit while in the recovery bed to postpone my move into the recovery chair.

Good luck for your EPU, it sounds like you're chances will be good.
    I'm lucky, not emotional here just bone tired lol. Day off tomorrow and no one is home so this mumma will be having a day nap to get through I think lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just thought I'd join you all here.

I'm currently having my af but not doing a FET til next cycle so just waiting it out at the moment. I was in the Oct/Nov group with @Staaz and although I was the first to post in that group, I ended up being the last to transfer since my usually regular cycle decided to come 10 days late before we could start and then I didn't ovulate til day 23 when we did the FET.
    Anyway, we have MFI and started our Ivf journey in Sept 2013 and our fresh cycle produced our DD, who will be turning 2 in a few months. We also got 4 frozen from her cycle. We transferred one early Dec and I got a bfp, however my numbers weren't doubling properly and a scan at 7wks revealed an ectopic pregnancy. Never thought I'd be in the 2% to have one of those but knew from the start that something wasn't right. At first they thought a chemical pregnancy but when the numbers kept rising slowly, they knew something was wrong. Fortunately I was able to have an injection in my thigh to dissolve the pregnancy, the day after my scan, this meant I avoided surgery and losing my tube. That was almost 2 months ago and my hcg finally reached 0 almost 2 weeks ago and now I have af. I have to wait at least 3 months from the injection date til my next transfer so here I am. One more month to go until we can start again. Apparently I'll get early monitoring if I have another bfp with what happened last time.

Sending baby dust dust to all
    Last edited by Annerley; 03-03-2016 at 20:21.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello

Hi all thought I would jump on this thread also. Started ivf in Feb and did et Tuesday just gone so currently in the 2ww.
    Was able to freeze 3 eggs also.. Currently on crinone which is the worst, I rather be on the injections!! Feeling so tired and can't sleep at night plus the frequent peeing! Been a hard week, starting to take a toll as I have no energy to go to work but trying to push through.
    Good luck to all at the various stages you are at... Fingers and toes crossed

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Kathk18, I agree the crinone is the worst! I'm on the Syneral nasal spray for my FET and I hate it, tastes horrible. Hope it's not long til you get a BFP to make it all worth it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (04-03-2016)