Closed Thread
Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Huge congrats @Kathk18 wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy

i hope the ET went well @rtkirk! Congrats on being PUPO!

@smallkatty I've heard the same as the ladies above about Genea and FETs. I'm also with Genea and have been extremely happy. We had 5 x 5day blasts and our fresh transfer resulted in our 21mth old DD and our first FET in Dec was an ectopic pregnancy. It's promising that we've had 2 out of 2 but one just ended up in the wrong spot. We have 3 left and aiming for next month. The FET is painless. It's similar to a papsmear without the slight scraping feeling. It's also less awkward as you are happy to be doing it rather than wishing for it to be over. Genea also uses an ultrasound to guide the transfer so I just focus on watching the magic happening on the screen. My ET with my DD was amazing, I could see a lot and they even told me exactly when they were releasing her and pointed to where she was and said they got the perfect spot. My last transfer didn't seem to go as well, they didn't have a good view and go figure, it ends up being an ectopic. It could have happened regardless though. Don't forget your camera and take pics of the dish and embryo, etc. Just another little mishap with our FET where we forgot our camera and had to resort to our phones at last minute. We were so much more prepared first time around and I plan to be is time as well. Good luck!
    Last edited by Annerley; 18-03-2016 at 14:47.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (17-03-2016),lotsathoughts  (18-03-2016),rtkirk  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh never think of camera. Thanks for reminding me @Annerley.
    So do i have to stay home for the first few days after eft?
    I have mine PGD tested. I really wanna know the sex of da bb before scan. Should I asked? Will they tell u on spot?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smallkatty For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @smallkatty I didn't do pgd so no help there sorry
    They all tend to say to go on with normal life following the transfer but just avoid things that raise your core temp like really hot showers, exercise and saunas.
    With my first transfer, it was on the weekend so I spent most of the rest of that day on the lounge. I wasn't taking any chances but got up as needed. After that, I went on as normal but was just mindful of anything I was doing. I got a bfp!
    With my second transfer, it fell on one of my days off (I now work part time) but I didn't take it as easy, I was mindful but took DD to the park, which involved carrying her a bit. After that, I got hubby to lift her whenever he was home but had no choice when it was just her and I. I didn't overdo it but I didn't rest either- it's hard to take time off with a toddler. I know what I'll be doing next time though as that transfer the embryo obviously bounced around a little too much and took a trip up my tube.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (21-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley sorry abt your ectopic pregnancy. I think i better stay home after eft just in case

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smallkatty For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news MaybeBabyIVF. Yay to being PUPO!
    Lots of people in the TWW now. Who's BT is next?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rtkirk I had epu today, so crossing fingers toes and everything else that I'll get something to day 5 transfer next week... crossing legs keeps my progesterone pessary in too I guess (challenging!) :-D

Anyone else coming up?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rubywoohoo. Mine eft is next week too. I was told to start pressures tmr night. When is urs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Rubywoohoo @rtkirk I'm one week down one to go. BT next Friday, 25th! I think @Noms82 is on 23rd?? Anyone else?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (18-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smallkatty View Post
    @Rubywoohoo. Mine eft is next week too. I was told to start pressures tmr night. When is urs.
    Mine will be next Mon or Tues. Most of my 5 day embies (see I'm being optimistic!) will be frozen and sent for PGD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best @SL009!! Are you stocking up FRERs in bulk, or waiting for the blood test? (Does anyone do that?? Haha!)