Closed Thread
Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1021
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked
    336
    Reviews
    0

    Default IVF/FET March-April 2016

    Well it's the first of the month - who's cycling soon?

    (I couldn't see a thread already for March-April, but please delete this, mods, if there is one already)

    I've just had confirmation of BFN in my third IVF cycle, but we do have two embryos "on ice" so I'm heading for a mid-April FET. Fingers crossed this might be the one!!

    Not really sure what to do for the next six weeks - I guess I'll rest up, relax and enjoy the odd glass of wine

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    36
    Reviews
    0
    Hi

    I'm new to this forum (and forums in general!). I started my first round of IVF a couple of weeks ago after TTC for about 2.5 years (with one miscarriage at 12 weeks during that time) and have my EPU tomorrow morning. I'm a bit nervous about the procedure and anxious that I get some good quality eggs.

    I'd be keen to chat to anyone else who's going through this or has a bit of experience and knows what they're talking about! I'm not sure how many follicles/eggs/embryos I should be hoping for ie. what's 'usual' (if there is such a thing).

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcl For This Useful Post:

    Staaz  (01-03-2016)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    725
    Thanked
    483
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Staaz View Post
    Well it's the first of the month - who's cycling soon?

    (I couldn't see a thread already for March-April, but please delete this, mods, if there is one already)

    I've just had confirmation of BFN in my third IVF cycle, but we do have two embryos "on ice" so I'm heading for a mid-April FET. Fingers crossed this might be the one!!

    Not really sure what to do for the next six weeks - I guess I'll rest up, relax and enjoy the odd glass of wine
    I'm here with you still. Currently having daily puregon injections and twice daily synarel snorts lol.

    Going for my first scan Friday to see how stimming is going and then confirmation scan on Monday to see when I take my ovidrel and here's hoping for my first EPU Thursday next week.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

    Staaz  (01-03-2016)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    227
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Ladies,

    I am due to start my first IVF cycle in 15 days after going thru 2 IUI's with donor sperm last year that failed.

    Would be great to chat to ladies going thru cycles at the same time that can share some advise and support.
    A little nervous and excited to get started not sure what to expect but can't wait to start!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NandM For This Useful Post:

    MaybeBabyIVF  (01-03-2016),Staaz  (01-03-2016)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm here too staaz and maybe baby!

    Let's make this our month ladies!

    Welcome to the other ladies.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked
    336
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcl View Post
    Hi

    I'm new to this forum (and forums in general!). I started my first round of IVF a couple of weeks ago after TTC for about 2.5 years (with one miscarriage at 12 weeks during that time) and have my EPU tomorrow morning. I'm a bit nervous about the procedure and anxious that I get some good quality eggs.

    I'd be keen to chat to anyone else who's going through this or has a bit of experience and knows what they're talking about! I'm not sure how many follicles/eggs/embryos I should be hoping for ie. what's 'usual' (if there is such a thing).
    Welcome! I hope you have a good EPU tomorrow. The first round of IVF is usually a bit experimental as they don't know exactly how you'll respond to the medications (every human is just so different!). I got 7 eggs collected in my first round, 9 the next and then 13 in this most recent cycle.

    I was nervous too the first time around, but really it's not too bad. The anaesthetic is actually quite nice - I didn't want to wake up afterwards as I was having such a good sleep!

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    725
    Thanked
    483
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    Hi Ladies,

    I am due to start my first IVF cycle in 15 days after going thru 2 IUI's with donor sperm last year that failed.

    Would be great to chat to ladies going thru cycles at the same time that can share some advise and support.
    A little nervous and excited to get started not sure what to expect but can't wait to start!
    Welcome. I'm currently going through my first IVF cycle and am on day 4 of injections. My first EPU all going well should be Thursday next week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post
    I'm here too staaz and maybe baby!

    Let's make this our month ladies!

    Welcome to the other ladies.
    Yay Razzy another face I know. Here's hoping we all get our bfps together.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    77
    Reviews
    0

    Default IVF/FET March-April 2016

    @razzybear @Staaz @maybebaby I'm in for this month too after failure in Jan/feb. Appointment with the FS is tomorrow afternoon to make a new plan for the next cycle. Fingers crossed for everyone

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annie85 For This Useful Post:

    MaybeBabyIVF  (01-03-2016),Staaz  (01-03-2016)

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Annie!!

    Looks like we are all unfortunately back here together - in the nicest way possible!

    Let's hope we can graduate to a DIG together after this month!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

    Annie85  (01-03-2016),Staaz  (01-03-2016)

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    1,707
    Thanks
    2,380
    Thanked
    1,870
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm still here too ladies. I'm still in my month off but we'll be cycling again within the next few weeks.

    Hello to the ladies I already know and hello to the ones I haven't "met" yet!

    Hope we're all destined for success this time round


 

Similar Threads

  1. March 2016 TTC
    By MaybeBabyIVF in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 998
    Last Post: 13-03-2016, 11:42
  2. Due March 2016
    By Babywho in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-08-2015, 16:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!