So overwhelming!! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default So overwhelming!!

Trying to plan our wedding and just gave no idea what I'm doing!! Have sorted my dress already (priorities 😝) and in the process of viewing venues (probably should've sorted this 6mnths ago!!) and other than that I'm just jumping from one thing to another but getting nowhere 😁

What advice do you wish you were given when you were planning your wedding?

What are some money saving tips?

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a wedding planning book/folder that I bought from eBay, that broke down all of the planning into times (i.e what you need to do 12/6/3 months before the wedding), and that helped a lot. I liked being able to tick off a checklist and know that things were getting done on the right timeline.

At the end of it all it turns into a nice little wedding keepsake too 😊

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My sister has printed something like that out for me and put it in a folder. I just don't think to use it as its big and bulky 😁 might try find a smaller one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So overwhelming!!

I just had a look, it was the My Wed wedding organiser. It's A5 sized, nice and convenient to use, and really detailed. It's a tad exxy but I think I got it cheaper on eBay than what the website says it is. If you'll use it then the cost is worth it, I just had a look through mine and I'd forgotten a lot of the wedding details that I'd written in there, lots of nice wedding planning memories 😊
    Last edited by TaylorMade; 29-02-2016 at 23:57.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Buy a wedding organised from kitti k or whatever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wedding folder. It will have separate places to keep stuff.

Focus on big things first. Dress, venue, invite (including list) and photographer.

I found the dress/venue helped with the 'theme' a little more so it flowed better (and if course I could cap numbers better for the invite list). And make sure you finish one thing before moving to another. If you think of something write it on a list and deal with it after you finish what you are doing.

And congrats!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Write down all the things you need for your wedding & prioritise them. Then start working your way down the list. I had a master list & spreadsheet to track things & costs.
    DH & I sat down & figured out what was important/not negotiable for our wedding & sorted it from the things that were not necessary/negotiable.
    This way we focussed our efforts & funds on the important things. If we could fit in the other things we did but we didn't waste time/money on stuff that didn't really matter. For example, we didn't do 'save the date cards' - we told people the date & sent the invites with plenty of time. We were on a tight budget so non-necessities like seat covers or lavish decorations were nixed & we just had matching tablecloths with vases of flowers in our theme colours. It still looked great but helped keep costs down.
    Good luck!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (01-03-2016),Mod-Myztik  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I planned my whole wedding from my desk at work!

I didn't use a diary or planner, I used a spreadsheet (I'm a spreadsheet lover) to keep records of everything. It's so easy to update as you go, and handy for keeping track of of all the financials.

I took care of the most important stuff first like booking the venue and it all flowed on from there. You'll feel so much more organised once you've secured the booking, I promise

One of my big money saving tips was not hiring a fleet of wedding cars - we just hired one car for me and my bridesmaids to arrive in, have photos with, then drive us to the reception.

A tip I'll give you - do not skimp on photography! One of my close friends did (she got the brother of one of the bridesmaids who had 'photography skills' to take photos) and she has massive regrets as she has very few decent shots as keepsakes.

Have you been browsing at wedding magazines? I found these great for inspiration, planning tips and checklists.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (01-03-2016),Mod-Myztik  (02-03-2016)

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies
    Spent yesterday out looking at possible venues and then looking at photographer websites etc.

My main focus is the venue at the moment and things book out so far in advance. Hard though as DF just flew out for 2 weeks so everything will grind to a halt now until he's back.

I think once the venue is set and I know what decorations I need etc and how many invites I'm doing things will seem easier. He's more on board now after a d&m the other night which helps.