+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coping with going overdue

Oops double post!
    Last edited by Cant wait to be a mummy; 01-03-2016 at 12:19.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    She's pretty open as far as OBs go but not sure on how far I can push it.
    It's your body; your OB requires your consent to do anything so in the end the decision is yours. You can always compromise and have extra monitoring if you do go quite a bit over.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies. I had a rather sleepless night last night and feeling pretty emotional today, just want to burst into tears constantly. Think I am going to hide off bubhub and Facebook for a few days until I am in a better headspace. I really do appreciate all the suggestions X

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (01-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-03-2016)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny I really hope this little one is just taking the extra time to prepare itself for a fabulous labour xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. I had a rather sleepless night last night and feeling pretty emotional today, just want to burst into tears constantly. Think I am going to hide off bubhub and Facebook for a few days until I am in a better headspace. I really do appreciate all the suggestions X
    Good luck @sunnygirl79 ! My VBAC bub came at 41+1 and it was hard mentally. In the week before DD came I planned outings with friends, cooked, went for walks (waddles), manicure and plenty of massages from DH.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't want to hear all the home remedies - just want to know how you kept your mind off things and how to deal with all the comments and suggestions from well meaning friends, relatives and strangers (rather than snapping/wanting to punch them 😂).
    I hibernated LOL. I didn't answer my phone, ignored the emails, texts etc and was just grumpy and uncomfortable. DS finally got things going at 41 weeks on the dot. I was ready from 38 so those last 3 weeks went by very slowly.

Good luck OP!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    From the start I never expected ds to come at 40 weeks - so that helped a lot. It's just an average. He came at 41+1. The week he was due I spent trying to stay cool in 40C heat and tried to get motivated to read Birth Skills. I think I spent a lot of time on bh!
    I'm pretty sure I heard a midwife say that 41+1 is the actual average for first time mothers! (I was 40+7/8 too)
    But I also took a similar approach to relax about it - the due date/40 weeks is pretty meaningless really. Having a "Due Month" instead of a "Due Date" would be much more sensible!
    As for annoying comments, I just said my due date was a couple of weeks later than it was

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (01-03-2016),sunnygirl79  (03-03-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yes I think I heard that too @deku!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Turn tagging and the ability for people to post to your FB wall off, phone on silent, lots of long baths, reading a good book, watched a few movies, wallowing in bed.
    Feel your pain, all of mine went over 😢

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GrabbyCrabby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow 43 weeks well done you!! Did you have to fight for that? I haven't really gone there with my OB yet, I was kind of hoping not to have to. But I think the question will arise at tomorrow appointment as she did say we'd discuss the risks & benefits of induction, and she was happy to go to 14 days over. She's pretty open as far as OBs go but not sure on how far I can push it.

I can't stand GOT! I think I must be like the only person on the planet 😂. My hubby loves it. But maybe I need to make friends with the TV again if need be. I still have a few things to clean and was going to do a painting for the lounge room and nursery so that should keep me physically busy at least.
    I had a very supportive midwife who kept telling me everything was my decision - she was only obliged to offer induction at 42 weeks as it was hospital policy. You can push it as far as you like! I had extra monitoring, which I wanted, but I was going to wait as long as it took for baby to come on her own. Unless there's a medical issue, then there's no reason to be induced just because you're post dates.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post: