+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fiance's semen analysis results

Hi there

Could someone help me with my fiance's semen analysis results? Our doctor was so blasé - I think they are in normal range but can we conceive naturally with these results?

Vol - 4.0 ml
    Count - 39 mil per ml
    Motility 69%
    Forward prog - 66%
    Morph - 7%

Feeling anxious and would appreciate any advice.

Frankie X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anybody help? Is this a normal count?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fiance's semen analysis results

Have you got a copy of the results? Whenever we had an SA done there was a legend showing what was the normal range. Often there was an asterisk next to something that was out of range.

From what little I recall, your results look good. But, if the doctor was blasé then I'd consider ringing them and asking them to clarify.

Remember, it only takes one good swimmer and you have millions of potentials!
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 29-02-2016 at 20:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you MrsErinR! I have looked it up and I think you need above 15 mil, above 1.5ml volume, above 50% motility and 4% morphology.

So maybe this is ok? I think perhaps I have seen higher results, but this still might be OK to conceive naturally?

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    They are excellent results. The base level for 'normal' count is around 20 million. But I've found motility is probably the most important when you have ok numbers. Normal progressive motility is 30ish% and above. He only has 3% lazy sperm which is awesome and his morphology is pretty good too.

If you want to give him an even better chance put him on Menevit, it's really expensive but it really does work. We went from DH have a progressive % of 6 and only 3 pregnancies in 3 years, to pregnant in 2.5 months. That baby is now a year old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Delirium! It's all so hard to understand, I just needed to find someone in 'the know'.

Congratulations on your baby! I love good news stories. We will give Menevit a try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    They are excellent results. The base level for 'normal' count is around 20 million. But I've found motility is probably the most important when you have ok numbers. Normal progressive motility is 30ish% and above. He only has 3% lazy sperm which is awesome and his morphology is pretty good too.

If you want to give him an even better chance put him on Menevit, it's really expensive but it really does work. We went from DH have a progressive % of 6 and only 3 pregnancies in 3 years, to pregnant in 2.5 months. That baby is now a year old
    Agree. Try vitamin E as well (we've got severe male infertility and he was on 700mg/day)

http://www.healthbeacon.co.uk/articl...-motility.aspx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankliem View Post
    Hi there

Could someone help me with my fiance's semen analysis results? Our doctor was so blasé - I think they are in normal range but can we conceive naturally with these results?

Vol - 4.0 ml
    Count - 39 mil per ml
    Motility 69%
    Forward prog - 66%
    Morph - 7%

Feeling anxious and would appreciate any advice.

Frankie X
    Hi. Normal motility is classed as 50% or higher so your fiance should be ok there, motility is a very important factor. Can't remember what the other results should be. I will have to dig out my hubby's results to have a good look as there has been a few threads about this of late. My dh took a product you can buy online from the US called fertility blend. It raised his levels.