+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lunch ideas

This has been done to death and I'm sorry for doing it again! I'm sure I've asked it as well but I can't find the threads I'm looking for!

So DS goes to day care one day a week. It's a nut and egg free centre. He doesn't like fruit (except sultanas) and doesn't like veggies.

I usually send him with a hot meal or sandwich (I've started sending a ham cheese and sauce wrap) yoghurt or custard, sultanas and usually just add some cheese and crackers. I'm 100% sure he's bored of this. I'm bored of sending it! I seriously have no idea what to send with him. He never tried anything different and only wants to eat crap! I really don't want to do that. I'm in desperate need of ideas please. I'm happy to make stuff. Just have to hope he tries it for me.

Please hit me with your ideas!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mini lasagnas, cannelloni, fish cakes, meatballs, falafels, Mexican bean salad, Greek salad.

Chopped up veges with hummus, baby bok choy, San chow bow, lettuce cups, zucchini fritters

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are great! Thank you! I make so many different things and he rejects them every time! Some times I wonder why do I bother trying but I want him to eat more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Keep offering. Depending on your parenting style and babies age you could be more strict.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Keep offering. Depending on your parenting style and babies age you could be more strict.
    He's 2. So he's just mainly stubborn. I sometimes offer something else so I think that needs to stop and he eats what he's given or waits.. I do feel bad sometimes lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do a shredded chicken salad wrap for DS ( poached chicken breast, shredded with mayo, Dijon mustard and finely chopped celery) or chicken snitzel wrap ( just slice the snitzel and add lettuce, mayo and carrot ) same with crumbed fish

Avocado and cheese mini bread rolls

Rice cakes with avocado

Bread sticks with tzatiki

olives , baby cucumbers and baby capsicum

Falafels or mini meatballs

Crumbed chicken drumettes

Salmon rice balls

Crab cakes

Treats:
    Goji berries
    Freeze dried fruit
    Variety of fruit
    Sulphate free dried fruit
    Mini muffins ( usually rubarb or raspberry)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might find at day care he is more willing to try new things?! Especially if all the other kids are eating it.

Pasta with hidden veg in the sauce
    Lentil and mashed veg patties
    meatballs
    green cheesy pasta cups (whizzed up broccoli)
    pizza scrolls
    banana, oat and date biscuits (just whizzed up banana and date and add oats and bake)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lunch ideas

These suggestions are great! I'm going to try them. I can only hope he will eat them!

Inner hippy - he certainly does eat more variety at day care. He will try different fruits and different treats they have.. At home he just says yuck. For everything!!! I do worry about sending new things and if he refuses them then he won't be getting a full meal (they'd give him something if he wouldn't eat his lunch)