+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tea tree oil is the best to treat with. My sister had nits for 9m and in the end it was Tea Tree oil that got rid of them. Our school would send a note home asking that every parent treat on the same night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Believe it or not, the school my kids go the teachers arent "allowed" to send a note home re:someone has lice, pls check all kids hair. Its stupid, what kind of policy is that?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD1 has only had them once and was such a chore to treat.
    I used the kp24 then sat there with a lamp shining light on her head and a pair of tweezers along with the metal nit comb and went thru her hair a tiny section at a time.
    Her hair is blonde so the eggs were hard to see.

I have since used hairspray on her each day and whilst some argue its not a deterrent we're up to 4yrs without another nit

Thanks
    Reviews
    how much hairspray do people use? alot so their hair is stiff?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Believe it or not, the school my kids go the teachers arent "allowed" to send a note home re:someone has lice, pls check all kids hair. Its stupid, what kind of policy is that?!
    At one school I taught at,I had a boy who CONSTANTLY had lice. He would sit there scratching, I would send him to the office to check his hair, it would be FULL of hundreds of lice crawling all through his hair,we would ring his parents to collect him. The parents would crack the sh!ts because they didnt want us to call them, & they didnt want us to - find his lice? They wanted him to be at shool with the lice & didnt think it was fair that we had checked & would send him home. They would 'treat' it that afternoon & send him back the next day,only for the whole process to be repeated in a few more days time. It was soooo gross to see lice scurrying & crawling on his hair. They eventually shaved his head, thank god.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    At one school I taught at,I had a boy who CONSTANTLY had lice. He would sit there scratching, I would send him to the office to check his hair, it would be FULL of hundreds of lice crawling all through his hair,we would ring his parents to collect him. The parents would crack the sh!ts because they didnt want us to call them, & they didnt want us to - find his lice? They wanted him to be at shool with the lice & didnt think it was fair that we had checked & would send him home. They would 'treat' it that afternoon & send him back the next day,only for the whole process to be repeated in a few more days time. It was soooo gross to see lice scurrying & crawling on his hair. They eventually shaved his head, thank god.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    omg my head is itchy reading that.. lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've had one breakout here- it was awful! I used the KP24 range- literally everything in that range i could get my hands on! The treatment, lice de-gluer lotion and then a shampoo. When it was dry i straightened my dds hair using my ghd, which burnt any remaining ones. I did this twice a week apart and that got rid of them (& she has thick long hair). Washed all bedding/towels in hot water after treating (although I've read this is a myth, that lice don't live long away from human heads).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    how much hairspray do people use? alot so their hair is stiff?
    Not heaps just an all over spray each morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another little trick is to fill a spray-bottle with 1/4 white vinegar, and 3/4 water. After using the medicated shampoo and conditioner and metal comb, spray the child's hair with this solution whilst wet, and re-comb with the metal comb.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app