+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Just to let all you ladies know. Ashford have cancelled the baby bliss program as of 2 months ago. Note that it is still advertised on their website. If I'd known they where going to do this I would of gone to flinders private rather then Ashford private
    Bugga. I wonder why they cancelled it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Bugga. I wonder why they cancelled it
    They weren't Making enough money as its Cheaper for our private health provider to let us do the baby bliss. On average it costs the providers about $19,000 if you have a c-sec privately to stay in hospital and around $14,000 if vaginal birth, not sure on $$ of hotel though but I can imagine it would of been a hell of a lot cheaper

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it all comes down to finances, type of birth and risk level of pregnancy. I have heard some terrible experiences giving birth in public hospitals which was why I had both babies in private but then I have also heard some lovely stories in the public. I always just think 'what if'. What if it's supposed to be a smooth delivery and it turns complicated. Then I feel I have the best level of care there for me in private should I need it. That was my thinking but it's really personal preference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh it's the "what if" that's pushing us towards private. I know things can still go wrong but we just feel a bit more comfortable. Also like the idea of hubby staying with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiel99 View Post
    I think it all comes down to finances, type of birth and risk level of pregnancy. I have heard some terrible experiences giving birth in public hospitals which was why I had both babies in private but then I have also heard some lovely stories in the public. I always just think 'what if'. What if it's supposed to be a smooth delivery and it turns complicated. Then I feel I have the best level of care there for me in private should I need it. That was my thinking but it's really personal preference.
    If something went terribly wrong with you or the baby then chances are you'd be transferred to your nearest public hospital anyway.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (12-05-2016),BettyW  (12-05-2016),TreeGirl  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Puggles View Post
    Yeh it's the "what if" that's pushing us towards private. I know things can still go wrong but we just feel a bit more comfortable. Also like the idea of hubby staying with us.
    I'm not sure this is quite the right way around! If I was in any way concerned about my baby's birth I'd be going to a tertiary public hospital no questions asked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tree girl. We really have no idea and are weighing up our options, hence this post. Bit hard as not many of our friends have used public hospitals in Adelaide so we don't have many people to talk to about it. Good to get some feedback here to help with our decision 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    I'm not sure this is quite the right way around! If I was in any way concerned about my baby's birth I'd be going to a tertiary public hospital no questions asked!
    This. Being outside the catchment zone for my preferred tertiary level public hospital, I took out PHI so I could go there as a private patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys
    Anyone on this thread in Perth? And have any views on Public v Private @ Joondalup?
    I have some maternity on my health insurance in case, and been going through Fertility North in the Private wing, who gave me the BFP this week (eek exciting) but had always thought I would just go public when it happened.
    As have previously heard @ Joondalup the actual labour ward & midwives are the same for both the public and private wing so it didn't really seam worth paying the excess.
    Being a former SOR girl I don't really know Joondalup that well.. so hoping someone might be able to share there experience?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fertility north gave me my BFP also (he's now 1!)

Went private at joondalup, they are two separate hospitals completely. The only thing connecting them is a corridor which takes you through to the NICU ward. Loved my stay at joondalup & would definitely be going there for #2 if it wasn't for the distance from my new house. We went with dr s.usan I.sdale.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zarlibug For This Useful Post:

Tagentk  (15-09-2016)