+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just wanted to add I hate the idea of these locks- I'd rather just teach them not to open the door.... what if there was an accident and you needed to get out the back doors quickly, and it's a useful tool for abductions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you do this?

I think it depends on the kids, I have a nearly 11 year old dss, a 6yo dd and a 2yo DS. The oldest I wouldn't be comfortable in a supervision role and can't see that changing any time soon, my dd is a massive handful and I can't imagine her behaving for an older sibling. If you are comfortable with your kids behaving for each other and getting along well I don't think it's that bad. My sisters kids catch the school bus home and my sister works two of those days so for 1.5-2 hours they stay home on their
    Own, they are 12 and 8. They are not to answer to door for anyone even if it's me, her theory is we all have keys and we would use them to open the door, anyone who has business coming in the house will use their key. Her neighbour knows they are home and is contactable if they have a problem. My niece is extremely responsibly and sensible and my nephew knows to listen to her and complies. Maybe you could give it a trial and see how it goes, I'd assume they would still be sleeping during that time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I just wanted to add I hate the idea of these locks- I'd rather just teach them not to open the door.... what if there was an accident and you needed to get out the back doors quickly, and it's a useful tool for abductions
    I think in this day and age where kids are in a child restraint for longer and much less likely to be able to get out of that and open the door the need for them has decreased dramatically.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately my 2yo can undo the seat-belt of her car-seat. And tries to open the door whilst I am driving.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Unfortunately my 2yo can undo the seat-belt of her car-seat. And tries to open the door whilst I am driving.

I'd be leaving child locks on. He must be strong, my 5yo can't undo his seat.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Can you lock them out of the garage? I keep the garage door deadlocked so no one can get it without me. Our garage gets extremely hot during the day let alone the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have a garage, unfortunately.
    In terms of Lucy undo-ing her seat-belt, someone on here suggested sticking velcro on the red button to discourage her from pressing it. Well I did, and it didn't!!
    If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks
    Reviews

That was always a fear of mine...that my child would open the car door while I was driving. I had the driver's side child locked until I could trust all of my kids. The day will come where you don't need them.
    I imagine it will take some time to recover from the experience you had. Don't feel stupid, or be so hard on yourself. You have the child locks on because you still have a toddler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have a garage, unfortunately.
    In terms of Lucy undo-ing her seat-belt, someone on here suggested sticking velcro on the red button to discourage her from pressing it. Well I did, and it didn't!!
    If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

I think I saw a video showing to to thread the buckle so it clipped up backwards once?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @J37 massive hugs. That would be frightening. You poor thing.