+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What would you do? Hospital vs OB

My previous pregnancies were not complicated, the only thing that was out of the ordinary was that I was induced with both, but I'm going to try to stick it out this time - I don't want to be induced again. But even with induction, I still had a natural, drug free labour & birth. With my second son, I birthed standing up/leaning over the bed.. So I would say that I don't have any complications that I need my previous Ob to be aware of. The midwives in the delivery suites at the previous hospital were the worst, and that, combined with not being close to home, is the only reason I don't want to go back there. My ob also delivers at another hospital but it is even further away from me.

Thank you so much for the suggestion of calling my ob and explaining the situation and asking for a referral! This is exactly what I'm going to do.

Thanks everyone for your advice! X

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, I don't use an ob (well, not unless I become "complicated" at 31 weeks lol!). It would be a no brainer for me, close hospital. If you've always had uncomplicated births, why not look into a midwife program or obs gp? I used a gorgeous obs gp with both of my pregnancies, up until the second one, where I developed choleostasis at 31 weeks and was booted to the local ob practise. I saw a really nice ob as a public patient and was given exactly the same care as someone who had seen an ob all along. It may be different for me, though, we have only one hospital that delivers babies and there's one ob practise with 5 obs lol!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (29-02-2016)