[QUOTE=Nafsika;8418973]Can you please tell me how you do the creamy pumpkin & spinach sauce....[/
Steam pumpkin until soft (I use Kent but some people prefer butternut). Once cooked put in blender (stick mixer whatever you have) and purée. Pour back in pan and pour in cream. Season to taste. Depending on the pumpkin (sometimes they are so flavoursome and other times a little bland) you may want to add a small amount of stock of your choice. Take off heat stir through baby spinach and cooked pasta.
I change what I top it with sometimes just some Parmesan cheese. Other times I will crumble feta on top with toasted pine nuts.
We try and have a couple of meat free nights per week. Our usual suspects are
- Pumpkin, fetta, cashew and spinach quiche
- Satay stir fry veges (easiest satay sauce ever, peanut butter, coconut milk, garlic and a bit of curry powder)
- Spring rolls
- Gnochhi with pumpkin & sage sauce
- Mushroom and lentil rissoles
- Risotto (pumpkin & Spinach or mushroom)
- Pumpkin falafels
- Macaroni Cheese (pasta with basic white/cheese sauce, add pureed carrot & cauliflower)
- Tacos/Nachos/Burritos (just using kidney beans instead of mince)
- Broccoli & Ricotta pasta
- Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi
- Big plate of mixed veges
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!