+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I can smell my dog in the house if he needs a bath, or if his bedding needs washing. I don't believe I'm immune to it at all. There's nothing for his smell to encroach on, though...no carpet or rugs/mats, not allowed on furniture.
    Same here. Our dog is bathed regularly and no surfaces for his scent to stick to other than maybe a couple area rugs. (We have hardwood floors, and leather furniture.)

Also, our dog is a bit OTT with grooming. He is always cleaning himself - but it's a breed thing.

So yea, I disagree than anyone would smell him if they came into our home and didn't see him. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dog sleeps in the guest room, on his own mat. He has claimed this room as his own from the day we moved into our new house. There's a bit of doggy smell going on in this room but it's such a sunny room with lots of Windows so easy to get it aired and cleaned for any guests to stay. When we have staying guests, we leave his mat in the laundry and he is happy to be there.

He have never encouraged him to sleep on our bed...not our thing but happy for him to sleep on the floor of my bedroom whenever he wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havnt read through the entire thread but for me a no pets in the bed rule has little to do with smell and more to do with them passing any little creatures onto me or the bedding! As a vet I'm all too aware of the parasites dogs and cats commonly harbour and have no intention of catching any of these myself by allowing pets to share my sleeping space.
    I'm sure all the owners on here would insist their pets are fully up to date with flea and worm treatment but in my professional experience there are very few pets that truly are (and many of my colleagues would be guilty of not always remembering to keep treatments up to date) so having to try and treat a flea infestation for example as the family pet has brought in a few stragglers that have now laid eggs in the bedding etc is not easy!
    I love a cuddle with my pets as much as anyone but please all make sure you regularly deflea and worm them to keep the whole family (especially kids) safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dogs sleep in their kennel out the back. They do come in the house but don't sleep inside. There is not enough room - one is nearly 70 KGS and the other is 30 KGS. Bad enough sharing with dh.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you sleep with your dog/cat? why or why not?

Our dog is both in and out, sleeps under the stairs once kids are in bed, but doesn't come upstairs where it's carpeted and where bedrooms are.
    Last edited by Mmumm; 29-02-2016 at 15:21.