+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our dog has a bed in our room, and usually sleeps there. Or on the couch in the lounge room. He'll sometimes nap on our bed, but not at night.

He's a 13 kilo shiba inu.

Also, our dog doesn't smell unless he's wet. What are these dogs doing to be so stinky???

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (28-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (28-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little Maltese x didn't want to sleep with me, so he has a little bed on the floor. He has a tendency to wander at night inside so he gets closed in the bedroom. Our first cat was a nightmare in the bedroom so he got banished and so are our two cats now. They do sleep on our bed during the day and early morning after I let the dog out but I sleep much better without them sharing my bed. I also close the kids door as I don't want them annoying the kids overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Also, our dog doesn't smell unless he's wet. What are these dogs doing to be so stinky???
    I think some people are more sensitive to the smell.

Its weird because I am ok with cats on bed - not sure about dogs though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Those who let their pets sleep in their bed, I am curious to know if you had your babies in bed with you...
    We got our cavoodle before ds1 (#3) was born. I co-slept a lot with him, but funnily enough, its like my puppy knew, baby in the bed = no doggie allowed so she would sleep under the bed on those nights (she amazes me how she just 'knows' my rules without any prompting) also the cot was right next to my bed. My dog is always on top of the doona (never under or directly on the sheets we sleep on and only at our feet).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nope. But then I'm a 'pets stay outside' person. Too much shedding of hair and smelliness and the thought of dogs in bed grosses me out. No offence to others, each to their own. But I find in most cases people that say their animals don't smell are just used to the smell and they do. Cats are much cleaner and less smelly though
    Last edited by delirium; 28-02-2016 at 13:01.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (28-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you sleep with your dog/cat? why or why not?

I have a lab X husky who sheds like CRAZY because he has a husky double coat, but lives in the tropics so is just constantly losing lots of hair, so he's strictly outside. It'd be a full time job cleaning up after him let alone my 2 toddlers. He also knocks the kids over all the time so it'd just be a disaster. If I had a little lap dog I'd probably let them inside.
    Last edited by Lovemysons; 28-02-2016 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those who let their pets sleep in their bed, I am curious to know if you had your babies in bed with you...
    Yes. Our kids have been in our bed at various times as babies and older kids and the cat is a constant in the bed.
    He also started choosing to sleep in their beds with them at times once the sides of their cot came off.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you sleep with your dog/cat? why or why not?

I have 1 kitty whom I love like a child and she chooses most nights to sleep in our bed
    Currently pregnant and not sure how I will feel when baby comes, I know I deff wouldn't want her in babies room...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, never. If l have the baby on the bed, it's just to feed her if I'm in bed. Cot is right next to me. I'm not a believer in co sleeping but that's my personal choice. Sleeping baby in cot, dog on her bed on the floor. DP and I like our space when sleeping lol.

Sometimes the dog goes and sleeps on one of my older daughter's beds at night and if we are sitting on the lounge with bub, the dog is allowed to sit next to is holding her. I'm just funny about the dog being near or licking her face while she is tiny.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 28-02-2016 at 08:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep,
    My bed is a free for all lol