+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Freaking out about Orgalutran storage

Okay, apologies for an anxiety-ridden first post.

I am due to start my Orgalutran injections on Tuesday.

I know you're meant to keep it at room temperature under 30C.

It's been warm lately (Melbourne) and my house gets really hot. I've been desperately trying to find a cool spot to keep it. I do have air con but I can't keep it on while I'm at work.

I know you're not meant to keep it in the fridge.

I'm panicking that it's got above 30C in the place where I'm storing it (in a drawer). Should I ring up the clinic and get some more? Will they charge me a lot for this? And it's going to get hot again, so where am I going to keep it? It's so much easier with the other drugs just putting them in the fridge.

This is my first IVF cycle and I want it to go right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When it was hot I kept mine in an insulated bag in the bathroom. The tiles stayed pretty cool. I'm sure anywhere out of direct sunlight that's not in a car will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in FNQ and was always told to store mine in the fridge! When you pick up meds from clinic up here they send em home in a cooler bag with an ice pack.....could you do that during the day for when it's hot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always kept mine in the fridge. Just took it out about 30mins before I used it so it warmed up a bit and injected more easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in Brisbane Heat and keep mine under the bathroom sink, actually I have kept in fridge too and have injected it straight away. You will probably have to buy more at the actual price if you really feel it's been affected but to be honest I'd just use it. It's in a plastic sealed container in the box, I think it would be okay.