+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel so sick is this normal

Hi this is my first pregnancy and I'm very excited!! I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I'm SO SO TIRED!! My boobs hurt like crazy I have awful nausea all day and vomit at least once a day. I have constant headaches and all I want to do is lay in bed or the sofa. I'm so fortunate to have such an AMAZING fiancé who does absolutely EVERYTHING around the house.. Anyway is this normal for 6 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For some yes. Every pregnancy is different. First two for me no nausea and bearable levels of tired. This one nausea all day long and insane exhaustion from around 6 weeks and still going at 14 weeks.

Headaches are also common in first trimester.

Most (but not all) of these symptoms ease towards the end of the first trimester.

Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Unfortunately yes, this is normal. From 8 weeks until about 15 weeks with DD I felt like I wanted to die I was feeling so rotten. Hopefully it's just a first trimester thing for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so very much!! You really helped me xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep it's normal. I puked about 10 times a day until well into the 2nd trimester with my kids. The tiredness does improve but then the 3rd tri you are often exhausted again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally normal! Some people are lucky enough not to get too sick, but I was sick with all of mine. With my 3rd I was vomiting 8-10 times a day until 20 weeks gestation. I hope your sickness doesnt last long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My last pregnancy was hell. Vomited every morning and night for whole of first and third trimester. Felt sick at the slightest smell or sight. Unbearable tiredness.

First 2 pregnancies no sickness whatsoever. Third I was tired but not sick.

All different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @ursulaxo ! So very exciting and so many new amazing things coming your way.
    Unfortunately... It all sounds pretty normal. I was lucky not to have really any morning sickness with my first. But my second - I was on the couch for almost the entire pregnancy feeling horribly nauseas and exhausted. So yes- all very different from person to person and each pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I feel the same all I want to do and can do is just lay on the bed or sit on the couch. Also I had my first vaginal U.S and it said I'm now 6 weeks pregnant but according to my last period I should be 8 weeks. Is this common?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ursulaxo View Post
    Yes I feel the same all I want to do and can do is just lay on the bed or sit on the couch. Also I had my first vaginal U.S and it said I'm now 6 weeks pregnant but according to my last period I should be 8 weeks. Is this common?
    You could have ovulated late - are you normally very regular?

Also, I was sick with DS from about 4 weeks. this oregnancy I got sick at 8 weeks and I was bed bound unless I had meds. Even then I could only *just* function.

Congrats on the pregnancy! Also, if you are worried you can always ask to have bloods done to check levels.