+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Teeth whitening

Cost ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Lots. A good reliable system from a dentist can be over $1000. I did it and hated how it made my teeth so sensitive (even tho it was a really gentle one).

Waste of money (for me anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't comment reliably on cost, as my Aunty is a dentist and she did it for me. I think my mum paid around $700 for the guards and initial gels.
    I used it quite happily - though it made me drool loads when I was wearing the guards (as I slept), and once I accidentally closed my mouth and swallowed before wiping the excess gel off and was violently sick. My teeth didn't get too much more sensitive, but I used tooth mousse when they were extra sensitive, and this helped loads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, before i got some caps, i had laser whitening. It cost $600. The results were amazing. The laser hurt alot!! Zinging pain thru the teeth which lasted 24 hrs. Then my caps/ fillings got matched to the new colour. Not sure if whitening can occur with crowns etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had laser about 9 years ago and it was very effective. All done in the chair, took a few hours from memory, and I was about $500 out of pocket. I think my dentist might've been doing a promo at the time as it had only just been introduced, they took before and after shots to use in their client book and website. The only downfall was that it made my already very sensitive teeth even more sensitive, for weeks afterwards. Ouch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It varies, but I did a take home one from the Dentist around three years ago and it cost around $600 for the custom made mouth guard and the gels/syringes etc.

And around $20 for the calcium toothpaste which you put on beforehand to stop the sensitivity.