+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vent renting sucks

Last edited by monnie24; 27-02-2016 at 05:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What The actual F !!!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    with all that is wrong with the property, why on earth did he sign a lease. ?? is it a very cheap rent? I feel so sad for you. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Geezus, that sounds bl00dy awful. Wonder why he signed the lease? Had he viewed it before signing? How long is the lease for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my goodness, I'd be mortified!
    The property's below standard, and I'd be furious if my Dh signed a lease with a house in that state! Big (((hugs)))) hon, what a sucky situation for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    omg how awful. i'd move and leave hubby there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's for 6 months and it's not cheap I looked up same houses in the area and this is ABOVE rent.

I'm like what the actual. I've been looking for other houses to get us into.

His excuse was he was tired after a long day. 😡 well FFS. Now I'm worried I will have to pay two lots of rent.

I can't live here I am mortified.

I can't even put my washing machine here because of the mess (not even over reacting) I'm 30 mins out of town just so depressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We signed a lease on a property (for 1 year) and once we got the keys and I had a proper chance to look through it (the Agent had rushed us through the pre-signing inspection) we found it to be soaked in cat urine in three of the four main living areas. I immediately wrote a very terse letter stating which sections of the Residential Tenancies Act I believed had been breached, and threatened to take them to the Tribunal about it. Rather than fight what was going to be a losing in Court, we were instead allowed out of the lease without penalty.

Your new Landlord (or the Agent which represents him) has a duty under the Residential Tenancies Act to provide you with a property which is safe and in a clean and livable condition. This is the case regardless of whether a lease was signed or not. You can contact the Tenant's Union in your state to clarify your rights in this matter.
    Last edited by Blossom74; 26-02-2016 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's disgusting - take photos and take it to the rental tribunal... There is a certain safety requirements on rentals although I'm not an expert.

Your husband definitely had a dumb dumb moment signing this lease....

I'd be moving out of there ASAP and try to get your money back through he tribunal... It must be super depressing cause if I remember correct you don't drive do you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    put in writing (email preferably) everything wrong, cite unlivable or unreasonable conditions and request for repair, please contract the tribunal half this stuff the ll can be forced to break lease or fix