+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HCG Wrong?

Has anyone had their HCG levels be wrong?
    I personally feel from dates and symptoms I'm either 8.5weeks or 5.5 weeks but yet my bloody as of Monday say 3-4
    Can I still have low hcg at those stages?
    Very long story to go with this in short it's a huge surprise so even more confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your hcg levels wouldn't be wrong because they are what they are but your doctors estimation of how far along you are could be out.

They would most likely be going by average hcg levels but the only way to confirm dates would be through a scan not through your hcg levels.

Don't worry so much about it until you've had a scan. Your hcg could naturally sit lower and you might be further along than expected.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

2ndchancesuprise  (26-02-2016),binnielici  (26-02-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hcg is a terribly inaccurate way of estimating gestation. If you look at a chart you can see the range is so wide...

Your best bet to determine how far along you are is to get a dating scan done.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

2ndchancesuprise  (26-02-2016),binnielici  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with PP. my sister always had very low Hcg levels. The only way to tell gestation is a scan - ask GP for a referral and wait a week or two. On your lowest estimate your 5.5 weeks. If you wait a week you'll have a good chance of seeing a HB.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

2ndchancesuprise  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lady's because my hcg are coming back as so low she wants me to hold off with a scan for another 2 weeks. It's been a very weird situation. Because I wasn't actually trying to get pregnant and have been having what I thought was issues
    I had a scan for something else only on the 17th however nothing was found, I have a reverted uterus so had to have an internal as there was a thought that I may have had bleeding issues due to a form of ovarian cancer so to then find this out is wowing. But I guess at that point Bub would have only been the size of nothingness regardless of how far along I am and if they wherent looking it makes it harder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am assuming your levels are under 1000 if they think they won't see anything (this is the general medical rule of thumb).

If you have low levels and have also been having intermittent bleeding (unless the bleeding has been an issue for months), these are hallmarks of ectopic pregnancy.

I had a slow-to-progress pregnancy with low levels, lots of bleeding and they found a sac when my levels were around 500 at about 6 weeks. It was in the uterus, which was a huge relief as they were very concerned about ectopic. However that pregnancy did not progress well and I eventually miscarried at 9 weeks. I still consider myself a 'lucky one' though as the signs that I was (low levels, slow doubling, on and off bleeding, nothing found in uterus at 5 weeks) more typically signal ectopic pregnancy.

In your shoes, I would be pushing for a scan every week until they can find that baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you that's good to know :-)
    I haven't had any bleeding so fingered crossed.
    My cycle went a little odd in January had 1 day of bleeding on the second last day of when I should have had my period and I had bleeding during intercourse before hand however for the first in ever after the funny bleeding in January there was nothing after intercourse which was weird and made me question it.
    It's good to know about the ectopic side of things as it was my first way of thinking as it wasn't showing any where previous to this pee, blood or scan and I've had symtoms for what feels like a lot longer then she's suggesting.