+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implanon and mood change

Has anyone noticed mod change after having implanon? I am not sure if it is due to implanon or not but i feel like my temperament changed after having it. DH also mentioned that. I am short tempered and easily irritated. Sometimes even the smallest things can get on my nerve. I get angry at my kids very easily. Everyday i remind myself to control my mood but it sets off very easily. I had implanon for 8months now, i don't have regular periods however i get tiny bleeding from time to time. I know i had moments before as well but not to this degree. Does any one else experienced mood change after having implanon ? Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My moods changed after DS and i thought it was my Mirena so i had it out. My moods, short temper, easily angered continued 😕 So i did some reading online and low progesterone kepted popping up. I started on progesterone cream and I'm MUCH better. I order it online and use it daily. If i forget or don't use enough i feel irritable again. It's a sanity saver for me.
    I hope you get to the bottom of it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

HLE  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Implanon was terrible for me! I only had it in for about 4 months, but in that time I gained about 15 kg, was depressed and ridiculously moody. To this day, I can't believe my husband still wanted to be married to me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amethyst85 For This Useful Post:

HLE  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup played havoc with me too. Moody and short tempered.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

HLE  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, i made an appointment with Dr tomorrow to discuss. Can't go on like this. ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I ended up with terrible depression and had to have it taken out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

HLE  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had it taken out today. Now have to think about other contraction options. I don't want to fall pregnant again ((

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go after removal? I'm having mine out this arvo, and am feeling really anxious about it (oh, don't you love Implanon anxiety?).

My husband had a vasectomy a few months ago, and I've been waiting to have it out, and it definitely has to. It's been horrible for me. Dreadful anxiety, depression, mood swings, irrational and overwhelming anger. Painful sex, zero sex drive and constant exhaustion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Implanon was terrible for me, I was in my early 20 and it took me over 3 months just to get the doctors to remove it. Said after some time the symptoms would subside, found they got worse and the relief after having it out was amazing. I haven't meet many people that didn't have any mood swings or other problems with it.