+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Be a SAHM - I worked for 22 years and was very career driven before having DS - most people were shocked when they found out I was pregnant as I was so not the maternal sort of girl! I've only just gone back to work properly now 6 years later and I hate it!

Co sleep - I had his nursery set up and bought an expensive cot - he slept in it once and only started sleeping in his bedroom last year at 5! ( I cried all night the first time he slept in his room!)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (27-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will never let my child be crying in a supermarket (lmfa), never have my kid at the shops without shoes on (my 2.5 yo despises shoes. My give a damn has broken), cosleep, breast feed a toddler, take my kid out dirty (again ds2, ffs can you even breath without absorbing dirt)
    Last edited by Nemmi1987; 25-02-2016 at 16:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I'm guilty of the following

- kids watching peppa pig on my phone
    - using food as bribery. My kids adore frozen beans/peas.
    To stop a tantrum the other day I downloaded peppa pig paintbox ... On MY phone ... Because ds1 was playing Minecraft on the iPad and ds2 wanted peppa pig now damn it!

I've now lost all control of my phone lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When DH and I were first married, friends of ours were going through a pretty gruelling (and upsetting) fertility regimen which took a big toll on their relationship. DH and I used to swear we'd never put ourselves through something like that. "If we can't conceive naturally then we'll just be happy with our lives and travel".

Fast forward 5 years and an undiagnosable fertility issue and several years of failing to fall pregnant naturally (and watching all our friends have baby after baby) - we went straight to IVF. Turns out the urge to have a child was pretty strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would never swear in front of the kids.... Mummy says bad words when driving. A lot.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-02-2016),Jontu  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought of another one... Before kids I thought I would never be seen dead using a baby carrier. Those were only for weirdo hippy mums and why didn't they just put the baby in a pram or put it down anyway?
    My DD pretty much lived in one for the first 6 months of her life. Sadly DS so far hates them, how I wish he would let me be a weirdo hippy mama and carry him!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Watch the same TV show/Dvd every day and nothing else. I wasn't against TV, just the same mindless Dora drivel all.the.time? No way!

Ummm... anyone else know every Paw Patrol episode word for word and catch themself singing the theme song on the shower?

On the white lies. Did you know that Paw Patrol go to sleep at 7pm? That's right, they're in bed sleeping!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-02-2016),misho  (26-02-2016),Nemmi1987  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Watch the same TV show/Dvd every day and nothing else. I wasn't against TV, just the same mindless Dora drivel all.the.time? No way!

Ummm... anyone else know every Paw Patrol episode word for word and catch themself singing the theme song on the shower?

On the white lies. Did you know that Paw Patrol go to sleep at 7pm? That's right, they're in bed sleeping!
    Haha so true! We watched Sleeping Beauty every day for the whole of January

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had my first kid almost 12 years ago I used controlled crying... Now with my almost 2 year old (he's my fourth) I mostly co-sleep. I've changed my parenting over the years.