+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 15 months old can't sleep....

Hi, my DS used to be a better sleeper. Was able to sleep abt 1.5 hours for his morning nap and abt 1 hour in his afternoon nap and only wake once at night. About 10 days ago, everything went down the toilet. He wakes up every 30 mins from his morning nap and needs to be resettled if he's tired to sleep another 30 mins. If he's not, then the nap is over. Same for his afternoon nap. At night, he sleeps at 8pm, amd wakes every 2-3 hours needing to be resettled.
    I'm at my wits end. Is this a development milestone he's reaching(he's not walking yet) or is this a sign that he's ready to drop a day sleep. Please help...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you need to slowly stretch him out to a midday sleep. Push back his morning sleep by 15-30min every day till 11.30/12 ish.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I think you need to slowly stretch him out to a midday sleep. Push back his morning sleep by 15-30min every day till 11.30/12 ish.
    Agree. This age they start to transition to one nap, sounds like this is what is happening. It took about 6 weeks for her to sleep longer than an hour, it's a bumpy phase as they learn to stretch out till midday and consolidate into one big nap. If she was extra grizzly/tired I would take her for a walk/car ride in the afternoon for a quick cartnap. And earlier bedtime.
    Good luck xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a sleep regression? Could this be it as well? Yesterday, he refused to go down for his morning nap so he went down ard 1 something for his afternoon nap but only slept for 1.5 hours. Last night he woke every 2 hours. Could this be a sign as he's not ready to drop one day sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcjosi View Post
    What about a sleep regression? Could this be it as well? Yesterday, he refused to go down for his morning nap so he went down ard 1 something for his aftejjrnoon nap but only slept for 1.5 hours. Last night he woke every 2 hours. Could this be a sign as he's not ready to drop one day sleep?
    Sounds more like he is overtired. Not saying its not a sleep regression but it's odd timing for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I'm going to do something unheard of and agree with Rose. My first thought was that at 15 months bub is probably ready for 1 day nap. Putting bub down too early means shorter naps (as bub is not tired enough) which leads to being over tired in the arvo.

Good luck OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm going to do something unheard of and agree with Rose. My first thought was that at 15 months bub is probably ready for 1 day nap. Putting bub down too early means shorter naps (as bub is not tired enough) which leads to being over tired in the arvo.

Good luck OP.
    Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that it's probably time for only 1 sleep during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing it! So scary!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jcjosi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op, I've just been through this exact same thing with my DS 15 months!
    I pushed his nap back to 11am (kept him super busy in the morning with playgroup/swimming/the beach etc) and by the time we got home he was so tired & would sleep through till 1pm. By the time we've had lunch and playtime, dinner, bath and storytime he's usually asleep by 7pm with only one wake up at 4am.
    Good luck, it's hard but so worth it 😀