+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 2, DD slept 7-7 with a 1-3 hour nap. At 2.5 she wouldn't sleep until 10pm if she napped even 10 minutes so we dropped the nap. She then went back to 7-7.

DS is 2y8m and for the last few months has been staying awake so late. We tried dropping the nap. Some days he's ok, others he just falls asleep randomly at 3-4pm, so clearly not ready to drop it completely yet. But on days where he doesn't nap he is still awake til 9pm!

He is in a big bed and has things in hus room he can do. He is usually happy to be put to bed at 8pm. He then gets up, turns the light on and plays quietly. Some nights he just puts himself to sleep. Others he calls out after an hour or so and asks for milk. So I give him a cup of milk and he falls asleep quickly after that. (Yes, he also gets milk before we initially put him to bed.) He is up around 6.30-7 am.

So we're accepting the late sleep time but don't let him rule our life late at night. Like you, I can't be doing housework at 11pm!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm wondering how much activity your mum is doing with him? Is she old? (Not trying sound rude) I know my kids don't do as much with my mum.

My son sleeps 7-730 depending on days. Wakes at 7:30-8.

He naps 11:30 until 3:30. General rule of thumb is leave more than 4 hours before going down to bed or kids will be a handful to get down for sleep! I also don't give lunch before sleep also don't just 'cut the sleep. Cut it back by 30 min increments. Or you might have a mad house even more!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 18 month old goes to bed at 6/6.30 pm and my 3 year old goes to bed at 6.30/7pm
    Both wake at 6am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my 18 month old has a 2-2.5 hour nap a day and my 3 year old has about 1.5 hour nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedtime for my 2 and a bit year old is between 6-8 depending on what we're doing.. We're not strict on routine he's always up between 6-7 regardless of bedtime