+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What time does your 2yo go to bed

I agree with HGL81, it's more likely to be a lifestyle change than nap.It is very rare for a a child under 3 to no longer need to nap (read too many sleep books).

My 3yo girl goes to bed at 7-730. Up around 6am. Has 1.5-3.5 hr nap during the day (usually around 1pm but varies according to what we are doing)

There have been phases when she's been difficult to get to sleep and others have told me to drop the nap- but I need that nap, and we have always riden it out and she goes back to her old routine.

Don't forget daylight saving ends in a month too, so that makes it an hour earlier lol!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little one turned 3 last month and bedtime has progressed from a 6:30 bedtime to 7pm with 6yo sister. No matter when he goes to sleep or how long he sleeps in the day he won't sleep past 6am. For my sanity he needs to go to bed early.
    We don't play/stay in their rooms, seems to hype them up.
    Books & calm time is all done in the lounge.

As boring as it is, consistency works for us. They know what's coming next Moving can upset that though so try to get into a rhythm again. Hugs x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried blackout blinds in the bedroom? I also close all the curtains at 6 and only have a light on in the kitchen. We pack her toys away and I won't allow her to play with anything. I put on the news which bores the crap out of her lol.
    I give lots of warnings too, telling her it's getting dark now, bed time soon. Constantly reminding her in the hour leading to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there my i would try to limit the day slerp length. 40 mins only. If that doesnt work, i would consider dropping the day sleep ( i know many many 2 yr olds that dont have a day sleep because if yhey do it means they up til 9 or later). If you drop day sleep it will make it harder for yr mum as she would no doubt like having that down tome during the day when she looks after him. They are all different eg my ds2 slept 2hrs hrs per day until started school as well as 6pm to 6am at night. Different routines work for different families eg a 9pm bedtime for kids would be untenable as we go to bed at 830. Thats one reason to start looking at length of day sleep. Good luck with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost 2 and has slept 7.30-7.30 since 6 mths old and does one 1 hour nap in the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has recently stopped having a day sleep. She sleeps from 7/7:20pm to 8/8:30am depending on if she is going to daycare or not.

She was sick over the weekend so had day sleeps and was up until 9:30pm both nights!!

We just have 'rest time' now so she will hop into bed with her sleeping bag on and watch shows on the iPad. She normally rests for about 40 mins and then is up again.

Afternoon routine is outside play from 5pm with DH and our puppy while I organise dinner. Then dinner, bath and then into bed by 7pm.
    Sometimes she falls asleep by 7pm but generally no later then 7:20pm.

I was so scared at first when she dropped her day sleep thinking she would be a ratty mess but she is actually pretty good! So far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS would go to bed consistently at 7:30pm when he was 2.

He has changed up the sleep time and routine numerous times, we just kind of roll with the changes because once he is down he is fortunately a great sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DD is almost 21 months. She's usually asleep by about 8:30, and more often than not sleeps through the night. It's earlier now than it used to be, since she dropped down to 1 day nap just after lunch.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If he's had a sleep, 8:30-9. If he hasn't, 6:30-7. Wakes between 7 and 8:30.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What time does your 2yo go to bed

DD is nearly 2.5 and she sleeps 2-4 then is in bed at 8pm. Sometimes she's out quickly and sometimes she's still awake at 10! I don't sit with her though. Once she's in bed, she's in bed. If she doesn't nap she's straight out at 8 but she's miserable from about 5. She wakes up between 8.30 and 9.30