+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sunny79 there is a lady on there that has 20+ egg hauls (Heyside is her name). She is still going and very welcomed. Just having a break after another bfn. How did your scan go?
    @Evelynmoo any news? How are you coping? The mind fruck is harder to deal with than the physical side.. Hang in there mate x
    @Lovebubs77 Ive reached the same state of mind. Im finding some weird strange peace. I dont know when we will ever transfer our 2 frozen. I have committed to a few things between now and when I turn 40. None of them I want to be pregnant for. I cant believe I am saying this. Im playing a small fortune for my new softball career, I cant play after transfer or if it works. We have a holiday planned in Oct and dont want to go and ruin the holiday with FET drama. And we got a corp box for the Gunners for my 40th in Feb. One ticket cost more than 1 cycle of IVF and we got a box of them. Its once in a lifetime opp. But I wanted to have ttc#2 behind me when I hit 40. So how can I do a FET? My plan is Nov/Dec but I don't know.. DH is happy to forget about it for a while. Our mc really cut him up. I cant get hurt if we don't try..
    @Annerley how are you going?

I had 6 vials of blood drawn this morning for testing my FS wanted to do before FET. 3 mc's and I guess they need to dig. Never ending..

Anyone know when I would expect to get af again after a natural miscarriage? I cant recall, my last mc was 2010.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (01-09-2016),sunny79  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 I can see so many positives to being a family of 3 & I think my desire for another baby is now not about me wanting another baby but about giving DD a sibling...if that makes sense.

The corporate box for the Gunners will be amazing - what a great 40th birthday celebration! We've got out UK / Thailand holiday booked for Dec / Jan so that's my good stuff to look forward to!

My natural miscarriage was a little over a week of bleeding & period came exactly 4 weeks after miscarriage was confirmed which was day 7 of bleeding - I think I passed the sac on day 5. I hope you're next lot of bloods help find some answers! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovebubs77 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lovebubs my whole ttc#2 was for DS9. But he is now 9 and I know he will be fine being an only child. He knows no different now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 hope the scan went well and top marks for sneaking in the needle on the plane!
    @Evelynmoo thinking of you and I hope you're going ok. I have my fingers crossed for you that your numbers have dropped so you can take a breath. Big hugs x
    @Billie2 how did your appointment go besides being told to have the bloods? I guess the extra testing can't hurt. I agree, your birthday plans sound amazing! I'm excited for you!!
    @Lovebubs77 I hope you are getting there. I have had similar feelings to you and Billie. I know there are a long list of benefits of only having one child- less expensive, less stress, life would probably be easier in general but I still have this desire for another and a lot of it comes from wanting a sibling for DD. I would also love to see her with another child of ours. If it's not to be, I know she too will be ok. It's times like this you need a crystal ball. I know I have time on my side to a degree but I wasn't even 29 when I did my last stim so know that I probably can't expect the same results a few years later. If someone could tell me that I end up with another child and all will be ok, then I'd obviously feel so much better. Whilst I'm enjoying the more one on one time we will now have with DD, the wondering and what ifs are also playing on my mind. my mum did say to me that if we end up with 1 or decide not to try again then we have DD and could give her a good life but at the same time, I don't want to create a spoilt brat. Not to say that only children are (my dh has no siblings) but I already want to give her everything and I imagine it would be harder to restrain myself if she is to be our one and only.

I have an appointment coming up with my FS, I'm guessing she will give me a scan to check everything looks ok/empty and that I've recovered ok. I'm also not sure if they will have any answers for me re: testing of the tissue. For anyone who has had that testing done before, can you recall how long it took to get the results following the d&c?
    Im also very interested to see how my cycles will recover, especially considering I have no idea how long it will take for my hcg to drop.

Other than that, I've been travelling along ok. I'm still disappointed that we had our dream and it was ripped away and now feel like we are back to square one. The clinic counsellor called on Tuesday and I didn't end up making an appointment. I was out having lunch when she called and she basically said, I don't know what to say but sorry it happened, I guess. I dunno, I know the phone call wasn't a counselling session but I sort of expected more than 'I don't know what to say to you' from someone in her profession. I more or less had to ask if she thought I should come in and she said that its up to me. She said if I'm feeling stuck and not going out (she knew I was out when she called) and doing my usual activity then it's probably a good idea but if I was getting on with things, making future plans and just sad at times but able to get out of that bad feeling, then that's normal and I'm probably ok. I guess I don't need to pay someone to tell me that what I'm feeling is normal. Ill just see how I go and book in if anything changes mentally/ emotionally for me.
    Last edited by Annerley; 01-09-2016 at 23:05.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So scan went well. Over 20 follicles above 11. Having my trigger tonight and pickup saturday. Last time I had a couple more days of stims before epu. At least not long to wait but I hope they are not triggering too early.
    DH confessed on the drive home he is done with IVF too. That is a big relief for me as I wasn't sure he was ready to call it a day. This is definitely the last epu. I know how much he wanted children. All his friends have children (some of mine don't) and always saying when are we having kids. Our lives aren't complete without kids, don't know what we are missing, etc etc. Needless to say, we aren't seeing a lot of his friends lately.
    So feeling positive, we are giving this all we have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 congrats!! Every folly I had over 11 was extracted at my last EPU despite me freaking out. Good luck!!!

Im feeling weird that I am no longer sad or have any emotion relating to my mc. I have no emotional connection to it. Have I been completely desensitised as a result of IVF? Its never worked so I feel it never will!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 I think it hurts so much we do what we have to to cope. I don't think it is strange you have no emotion over the MC, we all do whatever we need to. My due date from first MC was yesterday. Didn't feel any emotion.
    We just had a call from the hospital that DH isn't covered by PHI as they are admitting him for his procedure not just procedure in their rooms (like we normally have) for his sperm retrieval. More cost. I totally lost my s**t and wanted to cancel. So angry and I feel like crap. Definitely getting OHSS again, really heavy chest/difficulty breathing but only minor so don't worry! and starting to get pain. Urine output down. The phone call pushed me over the edge.
    Seriously with pgd testing this cycle is costing us close to $15,000.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also feel like why are we doing this, it is never going to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 If we were First-Go-Flo's and IVF#1 worked we would have been due 22nd Aug.. My cycle buddy gave birth to a girl on the 20th.. And here we are.. Still on this forum.
    And thats some serious cash... It better bloody work for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez @sunny79 this really better work!! It's great that you and your dh are on the same page but I really do hope that this is it, when you least expect it.
    My due date for our ectopic would have been the 24th aug and I thought it was nice that we were pregnant again just in time. As it happened I had my d&c on the 24th- a bit coincidental. I did have a bit of a cry when I realised but besides that it was a good distraction from what could have been. @Billie2 I get what you are saying, I think because I was so overly cautious about this last pregnancy, when it didn't work out, it didn't worry me as much. Having unsuccessful transfers one after the other really does numb your feelings towards it, I think. @babybeanie how are you going? @Evelynmoo I hope you are ok and taking care of yourself!