+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like Witchery, Seed and Country Road for basic tees/singlets.

(Country Road) I only buy the tees on sale, as they're a mass rip off if not.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This goes against my general ethics around buying stuff, but I honestly just buy cheap tshirts from target and Kmart and wear them until they die. They generally last me 6-12 months. I've never found 'good quality' tshirts that last significantly longer than that anyway so I've given up. I'm not paying 500% more for a tshirt that will last maybe 50% longer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This goes against my general ethics around buying stuff, but I honestly just buy cheap tshirts from target and Kmart and wear them until they die. They generally last me 6-12 months. I've never found 'good quality' tshirts that last significantly longer than that anyway so I've given up. I'm not paying 500% more for a tshirt that will last maybe 50% longer.
    I agree with what you are saying. My issue is that some of the cheaper ones are made of very thin material that can be see through. I was hoping to find reasonably priced ones that are made of thicker or stronger cotton that aren't see through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Have you tried Bassike? I swear by their tshirts. They're the best $90 I've ever spent.

I just can't with target or Kmart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. My issue is that some of the cheaper ones are made of very thin material that can be see through. I was hoping to find reasonably priced ones that are made of thicker or stronger cotton that aren't see through.
    Try Bassike. Australian and last forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've bought several tshirts from Everlane. It's an American brand but they ship here directly. They have what they call radical transparency with respect to their pricing (so they show what it has cost to make at each level and what their mark up is). They also work closely with the factories that produce price the material and clothes in order to sure they are ethical and sustainable.

All the tshirts are over a year old and lasted well. The only one that didn't was a heather grey in colour and it only lasted 2-3 months (better than many others I have bought!).

Price wise even with the exchange rate, postage etc they are still quite reasonable as most of their tshirts are $15-18 US.

All of their clothing is very basic and simple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I've bought several tshirts from Everlane. It's an American brand but they ship here directly. They have what they call radical transparency with respect to their pricing (so they show what it has cost to make at each level and what their mark up is). They also work closely with the factories that produce price the material and clothes in order to sure they are ethical and sustainable.

All the tshirts are over a year old and lasted well. The only one that didn't was a heather grey in colour and it only lasted 2-3 months (better than many others I have bought!).

Price wise even with the exchange rate, postage etc they are still quite reasonable as most of their tshirts are $15-18 US.

All of their clothing is very basic and simple.
    Sometimes I feel you are the other me. I've been eyeing off everlane pants for years. I might take the plunge. They're supposed to be great and so are their silk shirts.
    @binnielici I just checked out their site and it says they don't ship internationally? did you buy through a mail forwarder?
    Last edited by Sonja; 24-02-2016 at 14:45.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've found the Supre singlets with the thick straps great quality. Mine have lasted a few years and are still going strong (they are faded a little, though). The white ones are see through, but the dark ones are great. Only thing is I'm not even sure if they sell them anymore. Well, the exact same ones anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I've found the Supre singlets with the thick straps great quality. Mine have lasted a few years and are still going strong (they are faded a little, though). The white ones are see through, but the dark ones are great. Only thing is I'm not even sure if they sell them anymore. Well, the exact same ones anyway.
    They don't.... I keep looking every time I see a supree. They were the best singlets ever. Worth so much more than the $12 or whatever they cost. I'd pay $50 for one, if only they still had them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    They don't.... I keep looking every time I see a supree. They were the best singlets ever. Worth so much more than the $12 or whatever they cost. I'd pay $50 for one, if only they still had them
    Damn it Now I wish I stocked up like crazy.