+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please someone change the title from "currant" to "Current"!! Please, show me some mercy!

Or is it tied into the whole "sweet" theme?...Currants and Sugar-Daddies?

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-02-2016),Foxy  (24-02-2016),JR03  (24-02-2016),Tamtam  (24-02-2016),VicPark  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Would it not wreck you in the same way though? Emotionally/mentally? Honest question, how could it not? That's where I'm coming from in saying you'd need to be detached from yourself in a way, wouldn't you?

ETA- I have zero problem with it. (As in I do not take issue with what two consenting adults do, me personally I couldn't do it ) Just can't get my head around how someone could do it and not have some sort of emotional numbness. And that aspect saddens me.
    Oh yes it would. But to support my family I would.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no issue with two consenting adults having this kind of arrangement. I do hope, though, that the younger/paid party has truly chosen this, rather than doing it because they feel it's their only option and that the older/paying party is respectful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i find it disgusting. I would be horrified if my dd did this or even my ds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    My concern is that it is a sign of a greater problem in society. Young woman growing up to believe their value is their face and between their legs. Obsessed with money, clothing, jewellery, brand names etc.... And on the flip side men who think that money is all they need to provide a women. Men who don't want to provide commitment or respect - just a good time.

It saddens me. I believe this is another form of prostitution - except that prostitution is honest. This is people deceiving themselves.
    Well there's arguing with this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    My concern is that it is a sign of a greater problem in society. Young woman growing up to believe their value is their face and between their legs. Obsessed with money, clothing, jewellery, brand names etc.... And on the flip side men who think that money is all they need to provide a women. Men who don't want to provide commitment or respect - just a good time.

It saddens me. I believe this is another form of prostitution - except that prostitution is honest. This is people deceiving themselves.
    Many of these young women are doing it to pay their way through uni, so I would assume they would know that their intelligence is also valued.

I know one woman that used this kind of arrangement to come out the other side of uni as a doctor with no HECS, as well as deposit for her first home.
    Another that has entered the sex entertainment industry to break the cycle of poverty for her young family. She's taking the opportunity to study and is still able to be home during the day for her child, while her partner can build his own career without stressing about lack of income.
    What's so wrong with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't see the segment.

I suppose it is just another form of prostitution, which for the record I don't have a problem with.

I can see the appeal for a young woman who wants to make decent money and be a little spoiled. An older man may not necessarily want much in the way of sexual contact, but may value the company of an attractive young woman. Who's to say the woman doesn't value the company of her 'sugar daddy' also?

I personally would feel completely demoralised if I sold my body, but that's just how I feel. Many women can detach emotionally and approach it in a way that doesn't interfere with their self worth.

The way I see it, if a woman chooses to earn money by providing sexual services, she deserves to be paid well. I mean, getting up close and personal with dem old nads...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (24-02-2016),Phony  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    what grown adults do or don't do with their time and genitalia is no ones business

All the more power to these women

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-02-2016),Ngaiz  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Many of these young women are doing it to pay their way through uni, so I would assume they would know that their intelligence is also valued.

I know one woman that used this kind of arrangement to come out the other side of uni as a doctor with no HECS, as well as deposit for her first home.
    Another that has entered the sex entertainment industry to break the cycle of poverty for her young family. She's taking the opportunity to study and is still able to be home during the day for her child, while her partner can build his own career without stressing about lack of income.
    What's so wrong with that?
    I am sure there are women who are using it for this purpose - then call it what it is - prostitution. I don't have a problem with prostitution.

What is wrong with it (being deliberate sugar daddy relationships) is that it is a system that objectifies women. For every women who is deliberately using the system to get ahead, who sees it as empowered there are many many more women who do this through lacking any sense of value than themselves as a s.ex object.

If you (general you not any one specifically including the quotes post) think every man who is a 'sugar daddy' is just looking for companionship then people are kidding themselves.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Actually some sugar daddies do look for companionship as well as s.ex because they can get quite lonely.

I see nothing wrong with people engaging in s.ex work. What I do find a little appalling is that there a people who view them as a little less human. There is nothing wrong with casual s.ex, even when it is exchanged for money. These women are not selling their bodies. They are selling a service their body provides and when you say that these women are not making the right choices for themselves because it must mean a lack of self respect it's essentially treating them like children. The exact thing that we are supposed to be fighting against. We should be advocating for safer working environments for these ladies, not denying them something they choose to do or putting them down for it and what not (I'm not referring to s.ex trafficking when I say this, only consensual s.ex work).

The problem is that we relate self respect with s.ex and I don't agree with that in the slightest.
    Last edited by hopeful1986; 24-02-2016 at 11:51.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-02-2016),Renn  (24-02-2016),smallpotatoes  (24-02-2016),twinklify  (24-02-2016)