+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the reviews so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myself and three friends have all birthed at frances perry (mix of vaginal and cesarean) and found the hospital wonderful.
    Food is offered in abundance, midwives were all wonderful and the breastfeeding room and physio classes are a nice addition.
    Both times I've managed to get a double room (which has worked out easier for hubby than the hotel).
    Nappies, sample pack of wipes and baby wash etc are offered, what you don't use take home as they throw it otherwise, including the blueys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any recent reviews to share? I'm almost 36 weeks now. We did the tour on sunday. Felt a bit disappointed to find out elective cesarean patients only stay 4 nights not 5. And as discharge is at 9am i worked out the stay will only be 15hrs longer than when i was public last time at The Women's...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my baby there in March. Found the midwives and staff there to be excellent. We stayed 5 days, which i found was long enough!
    If given the chance of the hotel (and you would like to go) say so directly- we dithered about whether to go or not and lost our spot !
    Also, order extra sandwiches and store them in the fridge for late night snacks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

3cats1pug  (07-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    Any recent reviews to share? I'm almost 36 weeks now. We did the tour on sunday. Felt a bit disappointed to find out elective cesarean patients only stay 4 nights not 5. And as discharge is at 9am i worked out the stay will only be 15hrs longer than when i was public last time at The Women's...
    I doubt they will send you home if something isnt right. You may find by the 4 nights you are more than ready to go. Don't stress about it now. We didnt leave at 9am in the dot as we needed to get the all clear by the paed. Oh and I stayed for 5 nights as i was not well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

3cats1pug  (07-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear.
    I guess i have some anxiety around being asked to leave when not ready. I'm happy to go home if im well. Its just with my last pregnancy in the public hospital i was sent home at 6pm on a sunday night 3 nights after an emergency cesarean after 2 days of labour. Couldn't even get my pain killers script filled due to the late time on a sunday.
    I was not feeling well. Nobody listened to me about not feeling ready. Anyway. Ended up readmitted 2 nights later with post birth preeclampsia! I couldn't even feel my own legs that's how swollen i was. They had blown me off on the Sunday saying it was normal to be that swollen (i walked to my car barefoot as i couldn't even wear a pair of thongs).
    Spent 3 more days in hospital after that and have some permanent kidney damage as a result.

I will definitely make it clear if I'm unwell again. I have much more faith this hospital and my ob wont let the same thing happen again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    I doubt they will send you home if something isnt right. You may find by the 4 nights you are more than ready to go. Don't stress about it now. We didnt leave at 9am in the dot as we needed to get the all clear by the paed. Oh and I stayed for 5 nights as i was not well.
    Can i ask who your pediatrician was? My bubs will need a little extra attention and some bloods done during our stay.
    My ob has 2 names down on my booking form and another name has been mentioned verbally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Had my baby there in March. Found the midwives and staff there to be excellent. We stayed 5 days, which i found was long enough!
    If given the chance of the hotel (and you would like to go) say so directly- we dithered about whether to go or not and lost our spot !
    Also, order extra sandwiches and store them in the fridge for late night snacks!
    I'm not eligible for the hotel stay unfortunately. Me and bubs need closer monitoring during our stay.

Thanks for the sandwiches tip. I hate being hungry in hospital!
    How'd you find the rest of the food? Any dishes to avoid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other food wasnt too bad. From memory, the curries were good. DP ordered them, but i ended up nicking them instead!