+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shoveover View Post
    Try a bowl of porridge or something more substantial than a cup of milk. My son started waking at around 2yo too. Since we started giving him two pieces of toast and a cup of milk about 45 mins after dinner he has been sleeping soundly again
    Thanks for the tip will try that tonight as he was up at 4 again this morning. He is also been refusing bed time for up to an hour which he has never done is this just a 2 year old thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What does your toddler eat during the day? 3 x meals, 2x snacks with plenty of carb/protein? Hunger could be a problem.

Maybe bub woke for one reason (hunger/pain etc) and then it because habit (it only takes a few days for a habit to form... But it can take weeks to break one).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My thoughts are that for a start he is having dinner too early, he could be hungry or perhaps his back molars are coming through causing him grief or perhaps he is having a growth spurt so is hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Can you maybe cut down the day time nap? How long does he sleep for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try giving him supper before bed, things that will keep him full.

Banana & toast, weetbix or porridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMumma View Post
    I have tried to stretch him out but he is asking for it by 5pm and if I serve it to late he is cranky and tired and doesn't eat as much. I thought 5.30pm was a reasonable time for a almost 2 year olds dinner.
    My two year old eats at 5/5:30pm
    She wakes at 5:30am because she is hungry and she doesn't have any milk before bed.

She has woken a few times recently at 03:30 asking for blueberries but I just tell her she can't have any and she needs to go back to sleep.

Have you tried (as hard as it is) just repeatedly offering water? If he stops getting it, he might not keep asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tip will try that tonight as he was up at 4 again this morning. He is also been refusing bed time for up to an hour which he has never done is this just a 2 year old thing?
    My 2yr old goes the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How much milk do you give him? My DS eats dinner and then has about 240mls of 'growing up milk' before dinner and downs it even after dinner and banana and yogurt for dessert! May be that he just needs more rather than you having to stretch it out later.

He also goes through bouts of nightmares where he'll wake up crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried to stretch him out but he is asking for it by 5pm and if I serve it to late he is cranky and tired and doesn't eat as much. I thought 5.30pm was a reasonable time for a almost 2 year olds dinner.
    I'd keep up the dinner and provide 'supper' a little later as a top up maybe?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    My thoughts are that for a start he is having dinner too early, he could be hungry or perhaps his back molars are coming through causing him grief or perhaps he is having a growth spurt so is hungry.
    If I give it to him any later he doesn't eat as much. Yesterday I gave him a snack of cheese and watermelon after daycare (4pm) I then gave him dinner at 5.40 and he hardly ate any so that backfired. I then offered him custard at 6.30 and he had maybe 2 mouthfuls. He had a huge cup of milk before bed. He was up at midnight then again at 5am. I don't think its molars but his canines are only just starting to come through. These broken nights of sleep are exhausting