+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    Whaaaat? I'd love to the one of the employers to the Fair Work Commission! 'Focussed work' - now how would we measure that?! "Sorry Jill you looked like you were daydreaming there, we'll just put that down as unfocused work time on your time sheet".
    That is one of many many dodgy things. I am holding out until mat leave (5 weeks left!) And then hopefully will not have to return there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps, to those who have asked, my DS is fine thank goodness. The paed was worried as he's quite delayed and has hyper flexibility and low muscle tone and she was worried because he is so behind and also that he couldn't get up very well from lying on his back when at her appointment. He also walks with his legs spread and knees a bit bent etc, so she was doing tests to rule out muscular dystrophy which was a terrifying thought. But thankfully it all came back clear, they also did some genetic testing for fragile X and something else which we will have to wait for another 2 weeks or so for the results.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (23-04-2016),babyno1onboard  (22-02-2016),VicPark  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    'Focussed work' - now how would we measure that?! "Sorry Jill you looked like you were daydreaming there, we'll just put that down as unfocused work time on your time sheet".
    Or they could just dock you 30 seconds everytime you scratch your bum. Unless one can scratch and type at the same time..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (22-02-2016),TheGooch  (22-02-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh in regards to the 2 minutes yeah I agree that's a bit petty, but where I work we are meant to start at 8.38 and have a 44 minute lunch break 😂 crazy town.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Oh, also some employers take into consideration that turning on computers/getting yourself settled etc is not supposed to be paid time. So maybe the idea of rounding down is paying for focussed work.
    It depends on what you mean as getting settled - I don't think turning your computer on as being done on your time but it's always been the case in my years of working that you can't walk in the door at 9am (if that's your start time), make a coffee, have a chat, go to the loo etc and say you started at 9am, that's the time you're supposed to be at your desk/site etc ready to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do both. I round to the closest 15min, i.e. if I leave at 4.25 I would say 4.30 but if I left at 4.20 I say 4.15.

I do think it's a bit petty over 2min

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Ps, to those who have asked, my DS is fine thank goodness. The paed was worried as he's quite delayed and has hyper flexibility and low muscle tone and she was worried because he is so behind and also that he couldn't get up very well from lying on his back when at her appointment. He also walks with his legs spread and knees a bit bent etc, so she was doing tests to rule out muscular dystrophy which was a terrifying thought. But thankfully it all came back clear, they also did some genetic testing for fragile X and something else which we will have to wait for another 2 weeks or so for the results.
    How old is your DS? A lot of what you've written sounds like my DS but no one has mentioned these possibilities to us.

Good luck with the rest of his results, I hope it's all ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    How old is your DS? A lot of what you've written sounds like my DS but no one has mentioned these possibilities to us.

Good luck with the rest of his results, I hope it's all ok.
    My DS turned 2 at the beginning of feb. Is your Bub 'floppy'? It was only picked up last year when he was admitted to hospital after being really sick. We have been seeing a physio for around 8 months now. He only say independently at 8 months, only crawled at 13 months and didn't walk until 22 months. How old is your DS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have said 45 minutes.
    I initially thought it was unreasonable for your boss to round that way, way down to 30 mins, but then I thought if you rang your hubby at 9:48 to see if he had left, had you spent some time on the phone beforehand? You said you were upset, was that included in that 48 minutes, ie not really doing productive work? But yes, I do think it's petty, it felt petty just typing that out lol, but maybe that's where she's coming from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    So I am just wondering if I'm the only one surprised by something that happened at work recently.

I have been temping for a company for the past 5-6 weeks and my normal hours are 9-5 with 30 mins lunch.

So I've had a fair bit going on with all sorts of appointments for my kids, but they have been understanding and accommodating.

I've worked my butt off learning the role and really trying my best to learn new things and help people out, I have made a big effort here.

Anyway, last week I had a scare with my little one where the paed who did a check up was concerned about his floppiness and suggested we get a blood test to rule out muscular dystrophy. Needless to say I was stressed.

Anyway I went into work at 9 as normal but DH decided to take DS for the blood test that morning as we just wanted answers. So I ended up having a bit of a stressed out cry at work and spoke to my manager who was fine with me leaving early.

Anyway, Friday comes along and I didn't know what to put on my time sheet, I wanted to do the right thing and left that particular day blank with a post it note saying 'not sure what to put for Wednesday as was only here for around 50 mins'

So she brought it back and says I didn't sign out so she doesn't know what time I left, so suggested I put around 30 mins. So I checked my phone as I had rung hubby shortly before I left to see if he was already on his way and that was at 9:48 so I told my manager and she says 'well that's not 50 minutes then, is it'

I was honestly quite shocked. We are literally talking about TWO MINUTES here...

I would never put more time than I worked, in fact, often I leave at 5:07 or 5:22 etc and I would round it to either 5, or 5:20.

I never thought anyone would be so weird about 2 minutes...

It literally works out to around 44 CENTS per minute...

I was so annoyed and shocked that I just said, you know what, I can't be bothered, I'll leave Wednesday blank. So I lost out on around $13 just because I was so irritated that anyone could be so picky over 2 mins...

Am I the weird one here?
    Seriously, if she's going to be that picky I would record exact times and see how long it takes for her to crack.

I would definitely have rounded up though.