+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Babywearing help

Hi guys, just wondering a few things regarding babywearing. I have an ergo 360 and I love it. I have used it since ds was newborn, he is now 8.5 months old. He has always loved sleeping/being in it etc, but I have always had to be constantly moving unless he was fast asleep. As soon as I stop and stand/sit unless he is asleep he has always wanted out. Is this normal?

Just lately though, ds only will want to be in it if he is due for a sleep and as soon as he wakes after one sleep cycle he struggles until he is out (on front facing inward, or on my back). The only way I can have any luck with it if he isn't due for a sleep is to face him outward so he can see and walk around constantly. This hurts my back. I miss wearing him so often and I see so many mothers wearing their calm child and just wish mine would be calm in it too.

By the way any tips on replacing dummy when back carrying? My baby always wants his dummy and I just can't reach my arm around to put it back in.

And also by the way, I'm thinking about buying a Fidella fly tai. Has anyone had any experience with these or a Mai tai in general? What did you think of it? I'm trying to consider my next baby as well when buying my next carrier as we are considering getting pregnant again soon. Can you get the normal size fly tai and put a newborn in it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Jane17031703; 22-02-2016 at 12:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry guys how do I delete this thread? I accidentally put it up twice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Firstly, LOVE my fly tai! Only downside I've found is that the hood is very small. It works as head support on the front quite well, but can easily slip on the back (and doesn't work well if your bub uses the hood to block out light and sleep).

As for the dummy...does he have his arms in or out when on your back? Do you have a dummy clip so that he can find the dummy himself?

My son's the same age, and doesn't generally like being restrained in a carrier if he's not tired...for that reason I only do it when he needs a sleep, or I need him restrained (in shops, cooking dinner etc.). He might throw a bit of a hissy fit, then calm down when he realises he's not going anywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi he has a dummy strap and his arms are out, but underneath the shoulder strap, so he isn't able to grab it and bring it around to his mouth, I am having so much trouble with that lol. With the fly tai, are you able to do a high back carry so they can see over your shoulder? Is it as comfortable higher up on your back? And do you think you could get away with a normal size one for a newborn or would you need a baby sized one?

Thanks so much for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm extremely new to baby wearing - bought an Ergo 360 on Friday and wore my three week old son for the first time on Saturday, but I just have to say I love it! There are a few facebook pages that might be able to help you out with info if needed? Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Fidella fly tei's are amazing. So soft & comfortable. I tie the waist strap just under my b00bs for a nice high back carry. Unfortunately DD never sleeps in a back carry & I never mastered replacing the dummy in a back carry either so I'm no help there.
    The standard size is good from about 4 months. I have had my 18 month toddler in this size so plenty of room to grow. There is an infant size too but I think you would get more use out of the standard size. You could borrow/buy second hand a stretchy wrap for the newborn months?
    I always found when DD was bring a jerk about the carrier it was usually a phase - lasted a few weeks then she got over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loooove my flytai. But you will 100% need the baby size for a newborn. I've been using the baby size with my 3 week old heaps.