+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for that! I'm also a bit worried about how it's gonna affect my single parenting payment. If it counts as income then I'm gonna end up owing them a lot of money because I only got it recently and didn't declare it because I wasn't sure whether the super counted as income

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys
    Just thought I share my experience here regarding early release of super.
    So we decided to go with supercare as our third party agent to get my super release for ivf icis with 3xpgd and a frozen transfer with Monash ivf.
    We find supercare super easy to deal with and very informative.
    Me and my husband decided to use my super since his is all over the place.

I had to see a psychiatrist and we didn't know any so decided to go with the one supercare recommended and the fees is about $450 which you have to pay but I got around $400ish back from medicare so didn't end up costing me that much at all.
    The psychiatrist then write up report and fill out early release form from department of human services
    I then had to get my GP to sign thr report and fill the early release form following the psychiatrist format which they were happy to do so since our last miscarriage ivf and could see how much stress the whole ivf was starting to take its toll on me financially and emotionally.

Anyway Application submitted to Department of human services on 18/07 and by the 3/08 I got a phone call from supercare to say my application has been approved and the approval letter arrived today.

Now I just got to fill out early release form with my super and supplied them certified photo ID along with the original approval letter and I should have the fund in my bank within 3-5 business days.

I find the whole process easy and smooth.
    The only downside is you need centrelink online access and validate your identification which means you have to go to centrelink in person and I find that was the most painful part of the whole process. Other than that couldn't be happier spending the $980 fees for supercare to organise our application.
    Highly recommended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cooki omg I went through Supercare as well but they told me the psychiatrist bill was not claimable!! Which of the 2 psychiatrists did you speak to? Did you go in person or speak to them over the phone? Now I'm really ****ed off that I couldn't claim! I never even got a receipt from the session

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbles21 I didn't have to pay the $400 either. Because I life in WA it was a Skype consultation and it was decided that my address was in a bulk billing area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubble21 I went to see Dr Farnbach (I think that's how you spell his name). Went in person though.
    Supercare said I can claim back if I go in person and when I made the appointment I ask the receptionist person to make sure that my session is claimable by medicare.
    I ask for receipts after I made the payment (bank deposit) so I can claim staight away.

I think I got back $425 so the session cost us $25.

Oo that's a bumma ... mm ask for a receipt it's not too late to make a claim I think.

P.S. I vaguely remember you from the March or April ivf chat board . Unless there's another bubble somewhere in bubhub 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading this thread yesterday reminded me I hadn't claimed my appointment back from Medicare. I tried to do it but only had a reference number fir payment not a receipt. So I emailed last night and got one l back saying I'd have trouble claiming without a referral. People I sent you that referral before the appointment! *sigh* Now I see it might not be claimable? I had a skype appointment from Perth which cost me $500.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cooki yes I was in one of the earlier ivf threads but it took ages to get everything organised and get all the testing done so I've only just now had an ivf cycle and I'm currently in the tww. Fingers crossed it worked! @skeeter it looks like I won't be eligible for a rebate because I live in a regional city damn

Thanks
    Reviews
    goodluck @bubbles21
    hope you get your bfp!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had approval to use their super funds to buy a donor egg from overseas? Because of my age (46), I've been told that our only option would be to use a donor egg.
    Also, is the super that people are accessing your preserved amount. The only super I have is what was paid by my employer (I never contributed), so would I be able to access this?
    Lastly, would the fact that we've already got a little boy disadvantage us in our application? The reason we want another baby is because we lost our five and a half year old daughter from an asthma attack in 2012, and we'd dearly love to give our son a sibling to grow up with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Has anyone had approval to use their super funds to buy a donor egg from overseas? Because of my age (46), I've been told that our only option would be to use a donor egg.
    Also, is the super that people are accessing your preserved amount. The only super I have is what was paid by my employer (I never contributed), so would I be able to access this?
    Lastly, would the fact that we've already got a little boy disadvantage us in our application? The reason we want another baby is because we lost our five and a half year old daughter from an asthma attack in 2012, and we'd dearly love to give our son a sibling to grow up with.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Not sure about your second two questions but regarding super fund approval for an overseas egg donor I didn't make a direct application to the DHS but did enquire via Supercare and was given this response:

"I have consulted with my team and unfortunately we strongly believe the DHS will decline an overseas quotation, only because the service is readily available in Australia.

I completely understand your circumstance with "Donor egg" and respect that going overseas is the better option.

Supercare would be more than happy to assist with your application should you decide to go with an Australian Clinic".

The service is not readily available in Australia- why on earth would people go overseas if it was! I found Supercare completely unprofessional to deal with- not because the answer/outcome was no, but because when I tried to provide feedback to them about their poor communication the Manager Zane kept talking over me and didn't listen to what I had to say. He continued to repeat things he wanted to get across and what he thought I wanted to hear. Very disappointing given they are dealing with IVF patients and should be more sensitive.