+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbles21 View Post
    Littlerayofsunshine my application got approved as well! Yay!!
    Bubbles21 that's great news about your application being approved. I am just submitted my application online today for similar. I need surgery to remove endometriosis and also a cyst on my ovary and the we can do an IVF cycle post-surgery. If you don't mind me asking, once you were approved was the money transferred to your account? And do you provide the receipts back to the DHS or the superfund to prove? How long did it take for the money to come into your account once DHS approved it?
    Apologies for all the questions. I desperately want to have this surgery done ASAP. This will be our 4th IVF cycle but first time applying for release of Super.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbmv227 View Post
    Bubbles21 that's great news about your application being approved. I am just submitted my application online today for similar. I need surgery to remove endometriosis and also a cyst on my ovary and the we can do an IVF cycle post-surgery. If you don't mind me asking, once you were approved was the money transferred to your account? And do you provide the receipts back to the DHS or the superfund to prove? How long did it take for the money to come into your account once DHS approved it?
    Apologies for all the questions. I desperately want to have this surgery done ASAP. This will be our 4th IVF cycle but first time applying for release of Super.
    I've only just been approved and I'm on a cruise at the moment so I haven't applied to the super fund. Dhs sends you the approval letter and once you have that you have to apply to your super fund to release the money. You can choose whether they send a cheque or transfer it to your account. My fund told me once they receive the application it can take up to a week to process. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbles21 For This Useful Post:

rbmv227  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Ladies who have been approved, do they look at what your earning I the application process? Or do they want to see your/ your partners bank accounts?? My DP & I don't exactly earn heaps (we're both in the health industry), but even so I wonder whether our combined incomes would stop me from getting access to my super?
    Hi Charlie74, I have only submitted my online application and supporting documentation to DHS this week. So far they haven't asked for income details or bank statements etc. But I am not sure if they ask that later on. I have not heard from others that they do. The only question which is related that I came across in the online application was where they asked how much you and your partner had currently in savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have just gone through this process. I used Supercare and they were great. My application got approved and my super fund has now transferred the money into my account. When I first looked at the information they needed I was completely overwhelmed, but the lady at supercare was fantastic and broke it down into small chunks for me. I didn't get asked for income details of either myself or my husband.

I hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristy838 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Has anyone applied through DHS for the early release of super and been asked to submit information from their Private Health fund as to what they may cover?
    DHS contacted me this morning, the want one more document before they can assess the application. They want me to get an estimate from my private health fund showing how much of the IVF process and the surgery I plan to have will be covered. When I spoke to my health fund they were a bit confused.
    Would appreciate anyone's advice if they have had a similar situation.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rbmv227

The letter I got was based on the hospital cover (which included fertility treatment) and my excess. They added the excess to my claim for super. I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy838 View Post
    Hi rbmv227

The letter I got was based on the hospital cover (which included fertility treatment) and my excess. They added the excess to my claim for super. I hope this helps.
    Thanks Kristy838, was there a title for the letter you got by any chance? The lady I spoke to over the phone at my Heath Fund didn't seem to know if they do these types of letters and she's telling me it could take a week or more to draft one and email to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've sent you a private message @rbmv227

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone know how an early release of super for IVF affects your tax return/lodgement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbles21 View Post
    Does anyone know how an early release of super for IVF affects your tax return/lodgement?
    Check this out, it should answer your question
    https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/s...to_your_super/