+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New Defence Mumma

Hi There Mummas! I was just wanting to introduce myself :-) I am Kylee and I have 2 children 4&2 Boy &Girl. My husband has just received his enlistment date he is going into the RAAF as an Electrician. We are so excited for this, can't wait for our new adventures!
    I did have a few questions though and was wondering if anyone could help me?
    When my husband gets his posting, how long are you given to get to that location?
    Also my son started prep this year in qld, what happens when transferring schools? How do you know what is the best possible school?
    Does the defence force help financially with purchasing new school uniforms?

I hope someone could help and reply? Just these few things make me feel nervous as its the unknown to me 😁

Thanks for any replies I might get 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my husband gets his posting, how long are you given to get to that location?

It depends on where and when you will be posted. They factor in you need to uplift/down lift.

How do you know what is the best possible school?

Research the area you are posting to, reach out to other mums and local groups and ask people lots of questions. I'd start on Facebook and look at mum groups.

No.

Sorry my answers are short! In a hurry! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylee87 View Post
    Hi There Mummas! I was just wanting to introduce myself :-) I am Kylee and I have 2 children 4&2 Boy &Girl. My husband has just received his enlistment date he is going into the RAAF as an Electrician. We are so excited for this, can't wait for our new adventures!
    I did have a few questions though and was wondering if anyone could help me?
    Also my son started prep this year in qld, what happens when transferring schools? How do you know what is the best possible school?

I hope someone could help and reply? Just these few things make me feel nervous as its the unknown to me 😁

Thanks for any replies I might get 😊
    Hi Kylee, my DH is also in the RAAF.

Usually you are given a little bit of notice to prepare for the move. DH will do 10.2 weeks (think it's still the same) at recruits and part way be given a posting order for the location he will be going to. At this time, You will be given access to houses available in that location.

Once you know where you are going you can search for some fb groups in the location and they can help you with schools etc. (When you do know, you're welcome to PM me and I can possibly tell you names of some defence groups if I know them).

You won't be given money for uniforms but they do give you money for travel, accomodation, disturbance allowance etc - enough to cover costs of lots of things.